Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2011

Unable to install kaspersky because of 360 safety guard

I am unable to install the kaspersky antivirus program in my system. The main cause of this problems is because of the 360 safety guard software which i had previously installed. Well i have uninstalled the software completely from my system but then also i think there is some presence of the software leftover in the system. So that is why i am not yet able to install the kaspersky application completely in the system. So i have come here to seek some help from you all regarding this problem. I know there is nothing much that i can do here. so that's why i am expecting some help from your side. So please do help me.
Old 20-02-2011

Re: Unable to install kaspersky because of 360 safety guard

Well according to me what you must do here is that you must completely remove all the files that are associated with the file from your system. I suppose you have uninstalled the file from the add or remove program feature which is there in your system. After you have uninstalled all the software after that you will have to search all the files which are associated with the 360 safety guard. So for that you have to go the search option and from there you have to type the 360 safety guard in it. So any file which has the name in it will appear. So once you get all the lists you will have to manually delete one by one. So do try with this method and you would be successfully able to delete all the files in the system.
Old 20-02-2011

According to me you must try and find out some programs which is using the particular software for its use. So once you get the track of that particular program in the list you would be successfully be able to completely remove the software from the system. So you can find out that in the task manager. Once you are in the task manager try looking for the service of 360. See whether it is still operating. If you find some service which is currently active go and disable that particular service. So i hope this solution helps you to some extent.
Old 20-02-2011

Well according to me i would advice you to use some third party software which would be successfully be able to remove all the leftovers which are there of the software. As per my knowledge i know a couple of good softwares that will help you with the task. One of them is the JV16 power tools. The other one is the best of the lot. That is the revo uninstaller. This application would allow you to completely remove any program from the system. Well it does not do any simple uninstallation but also completely removes all the traces of it. I think you must try with any of their tools. They would be better for you.
Old 20-02-2011

Well i did try with this method and it did not work for me. Well i did try working with the JV16 power tool but it did not gave me any desired result. However I have not tried with the revo uninstaller application. So any other suggestion that you have for me. Then do let me know about it. There are countless methods that I have applied to totally remove the file and none of them seem to give me any desired result. If you have any other suggestion for me then do share it with me.
Old 20-02-2011

I have interesting piece of information to share with you. Well I did some search on the internet regarding the 360 software and I have found that they are actually developed by the china developers. One of my friends was having the same problem. Well he had a particular program which he used to use that had some connection with the 360. So in order to install the kaspersky what he did was he completely deleted the program and also the 360 software from the system and after having done that he deleted the registry file of the software. To ensure that the program is completely erased off. In case you do not know how to delete the registry files then what you will have to do is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\360.
I hope you have got the necessary information here.
Old 21-02-2011

OK let me tell you that indeed did help me out. Well thanks a lot for all the solutions that you all have given here. Well deleting the registry did help me a lot and i have successfully be able to remove any leftouts of that particular software version. Well now after removing the software i am successfully able to install the kaspersky. Well your suggestion did really help me a lot. Thanks for responding.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,