Thread: Cannot access the local network after the installation of kaspersky

Cannot access the local network after the installation of kaspersky

Recently i have noticed that after the installation of the kaspersky installation i am unable ti access any network location. Not even my local network. Whenever i go to launch the network neighborhood the explorer automatically crashes. I have noticed one more thing in the administrator settings everything else works totally fine. I have gone through various forums and i am tired listening to all the solutions like to tun off the firewall and all. i have already tried it and nothing worked. I want some new solutions that i can actually try here. so i hope you have got the necessary suggestions here.

Re: Cannot access the local network after the installation of kaspersky

I would like you to opt for the tcp/ip network for all the file sharing method that you have tried. Try using the tcp/ip network for all the file sharing things that you have to do. In case you are not having ample information about setting up of the tcp/ip network. Then i would advice you to go through the internet and find the necessary information there .you would be able to get all the necessary information there. I hope you have got all the necessary information here.

I dont think so that will help me much in that case. Since it is working well with the administrator settings then there might not be any problem with the networks settings. Well i have noticed that whenever i tun on the kaspersky internet security 2010 after booting. I have problems connecting to the network, it seems that the kaspersky might be crashing the Network Neighborhood. However if I wait for some time after the booting of the computer to run the kaspersky antivirus it works occasionally. So this is what the case with me. So any inputs from anyone. Who could help me with these.

I think I have got a solution for you do try it and let me know if that works or not. Well I have given all the solution s below. Do check it and let me know if you are able to get any solutions. Here are the steps
    1) Firstly you will have to set the network in the kaspersky as trusted or local. So for that you will have to go to the settings options of kaspersky internet security.
    2) In that go to the firewall, after that settings.
    3) You will have to right click on the network option. Under that the status of the network will appear.
    4) You will have to select the change the status trusted option and then press on ok option.
    Do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Have you tried uninstalling the previous version of the kaspersky that you were having in your system. If not then there is a need to uninstall the previous version that you are having. Well with the problem that you are specifying here i think the problem is with the antivirus itself. So this is where you have to do some changes. Well after doing this you might get your problem solved. So do carry on with the suggestion and it might help you. One of my friends who was having the same problem also tried this solution and it worked out for him. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Well i think what is the use of the firewall if you are keeping all the websites as a trusted source. Personally it is of no use. Well by changing the network settings you would just be able to access the network drive. One thing you will be compromising is the security of the system. It will allow you to give an easy access for all the threats in your system. So as of now i will suggest you to start with the mapping of the network drive. All the steps and the mthods associated to this mapping of the network drive are given in the websites and you can easily refer it from there. So i hope you have understood what i am trying to say.

Hey thanks for all the opinions that you all have voiced out here. it was great to see some good opinions being shared here. well i did try changing the network options to the trusted and guess what i was able to solve my problem. As far as the security is concerned i have kept my firewall on in order to protect from the unwanted threats. So this suggestion did really worked out for me. So thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here.