Thread: How totally secure a business server

How totally secure a business server

Here is me proposed to redo the security of a small company of thirty people. I said I'm not just any computer I know the boss and m has a little bit of money. So I know how it works with the antivirus and firewall and if you just secure the mainframe and not others, or are there special solutions for network business. I am not really looking for a costly solution for the security server.

Re: How totally secure a business server

To begin, we must secure the server with antivirus software. Symantec offers a corporate solution that installs on the server, and you can then deploy on the post that are connected. It is expensive, but not very complicated to implement. Other antivirus companies offering equivalent. To you and the boss to see you turn. Then a firewall. It is a place at the server, which usually dispatches the net to other posts. There are also dedicated solution, including the so-called "security appliance. They serve as firewalls, are many other functions. Some board an antispam and antivirus software sometimes. That said, they do not all. t.

I would say, without being aggressive, that saving tip candle safety, the boss is a bit irresponsible. You are right to want to save some money, but it's anything regarding this company. This is just my opinion, do not take it badly The security of a corporate network is a sensitive point for a variety of reasons: corporate theft or destruction of data, etc etc. Therefore, one should already know what the boss want exactly, and also what it already has. And if, unfortunately, you do not really feel able to ensure a spot like that there, in your place I would recommend this pattern has to turn to professionals, who will certainly a quote that is more consistent, but give him something on.

Depending on the importance of corporate data that can be a very / too heavy responsibility of looking after the safety. Secure a network without knowing it really amounts to nothing secure at all. if it is to earn some money to find something else where you will be at least competent or at least where you do not jeopardize the survival of a firm in believing that you had protected. Securing a network is not an easy task, nor a matter to be taken lightly, and requires a minimum investment. To be effective, it must know exactly what users want and the boss, with the budget. Then, security also requires the rules and the rights granted to user accounts. As you see, is as quiet vast undertaking, and perhaps we could help you more efficiently if we knew more about the intentions and requirements of the employer, and your level of knowledge.