Thread: BitDefender 2010: VSSERV uploading a large file

BitDefender 2010: VSSERV uploading a large file

There is a peculiar type of problem encounter in my system regarding BitDefender 2010 security tool. From last few weeks I found that the system is getting very slowdown, and along with this also the internet security feature also not working properly, then I did a research on this and found that the problem is for the a process which is running with the security tool named as vsserv.exe, and it flashes that this program is uploading a large number of file in my system. I have no idea to stop this, what should I do, if I tried to stop this from the process tab, it directs me that this will hamper my system security feature. What to do now? Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: BitDefender 2010: VSSERV uploading a large file

As per opinion this is a virus file that you mentioned in your post, for that I recommend you to kill the process by the help of security tool application. My elder brother was also faceting similar issue, and when he tried to kill the process from task manager, he was unable to perform this, after that he run the anti scan process and by this he has easily remove the worm or threat from his system, and the problem was solved by this. So I hope by this process you will also be helpful for the problem that you are facing currently, also suggest you to update the virus signature file of the security tool.

Check the firewall setting that you are using, disable this one and then reboot your machine, check whether the problem is still occurring or not. I had relevant issue, after that when I searched on this, I found some of the firewall setting files are accessing some of the application which are not running, but when I tried to open that program that was directs that the program is running with other program. I simply disable the firewall and then problem was vanished, but this is not possible to disable the firewall all time in your system, it will hamper the security file. For that as per my opinion, if you are using any third party application or nay other visual effect or graphics program then remove that one first.

Relevant issue that I am facing in my windows vista compatible Dell inspiron one desktop PC, where I also installed the bitdefender 2010security tool. The problem is occurring regarding the internet access, whenever I tried to open any trusted web site it simply directs me that, there is a worm detected into the browser, and requires restarting the browser. I did this, but after restarts same problem happened. And this happening maximum time, whenever I tried to open the browser. I update the security virus database file and scan the machine, but this does not show me any such problem regarding this issue. Apart from that I don’t have any other information regarding this, suggest me something to resolve the issue.

According to the problem which is posted here, I think the problem is for the browser, for that I would like to suggest you to start the browser in no add-ons mode from start menu and then check whether the similar issue is arriving or not. The problem might be occurring for the browser addons those are applied by you, I suggest you to disable or uninstall the addons and then open the browser in windows normal mode. I don’t think after this the problem will be arrived. One of my sister was also encountered this type of problem, but after applying this technique, she can easily resolve the issue.

Run the PC diagnostic tool, either the windows one or from the security tool that you are using. Because I think the problem should be in your system, not in any application or the security tool program. For that by this diagnostic program you will be able to figure out the problem. Along with this, if you did not encounter any solution by this, then it is clear that the problems I occurring for the web browser that you are using to access internet. For that I suggest you to replace the web browser with a new version, and don’t install any such third party addons or plugins. Download the update or latest version from developer web site and run the installation process, at the beginning it will ask you to remove the existing one, along with it also remove the settings of the browser, that you configured earlier and the internet files, those are running with this browser. a system reboot is required after complete the process, do this and open the browser in windows normal mode. If there any issue regarding the web browser, then this is the ultimate solution to resolve this.