Thread: BitDefender 2010 crashes and required to reboot

BitDefender 2010 crashes and required to reboot

Bitdefender 2010 in my windows 7 Aser Aspire notebook crashes frequently and required to reboot. This starts occurring from last two days, though I am using this security tool from last 7 months. I basically sue this machine for internet access for my teaching purpose, so I am suing this security application. But the problem that I mentioned in the above quite disappoints me. As per my knowledge I check everything but I found nothing which related with this problem. What should I do now? How to recover from this problem? Any input will be appreciable for me.

Re: BitDefender 2010 crashes and required to reboot

Is the security tool that you are using up to dated and also support with the operating system version, though you are suing this since from a long time, then there is no issue with the compatibility. So I recommend you to update the virus database and then try to open the application. Along with this check into the system background that whether there is any application is running with this security tool, If you found any process then kill this process. As per my opinion this problem might be occurring for any other application or program.

I had similar issue and found that this is happening for the windows version, after that I simply update the operating system version and by this the problem was solved. This happened because some of the files those are running with the windows platform crashed, and for this when I tried to open the security tool this also crashed ad stopped working. Click on start menu and then click on windows update and wait till it collect the update file, after collecting those files it will directs you to download and install them into your system. Go through this, it will surely help you to resolve the issue.

After applying the above mentioned processes, if you are still facing the problem, then I would like to recommend you to repair the bitdefender security tool application by using the installation disc, insert the disc into your system CD ROM drive, and run the installation process, from that window, click on repair option and terminate the process, wait till the process completes. Try with this, if this also not resolved the issue, then update the version, download the latest version from the developer web site and replace with the existing one.