Thread: System slow down with gray bitdefender system tray icon

System slow down with gray bitdefender system tray icon

I recently upgrade bitdefender security tool 2011 in my Dell inspiron laptop, this is compatible with windows 7 home premium OS. The system I basically use for internet access and some of the home entertainment purpose. Though maximum work is done online, so I am using the most high rated security tool. This was works fine and this protects me lot with most time regarding various type of threats. But there is a problem I encountered after install bitdefender update version. The system completely slowdown and along with this I found that bitdefender icon in system tray appears in gray. Other than, that I would like to share with you is I am also using WinPatrol in my system. Is this is the cause of the problem that I mentioned in above or something else? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: System slow down with gray bitdefender system tray icon

Where as you are using another security tool with the bitdefender security application, so I think the problem might be that one. I recommend you to first check by disable the features of WinPatrol, check whether the same problem is occurring or not. Though as per my knowledge I don’t think so you can allow to run two security in a single at a single, you need to disable or remove the second. I suggest you to remove the WinPatrol security tool application from your system, because as you are using another program which is updated.

According to me I think the problem should be occurring for the windows version that you are using. Make sure that the security tool version that you are using is compatible with the operating system version that you installed in your machine, in some of the cases I found this as the cause of relevant type of problems. Try with another trick log on to the system by any other user account and see whether the problem is happening or not. Along with this regarding the system slow down, for this you need to specify correct and proper spaces in your system to run any application or program. This can also be occurring, if there is maximum CPU is occupying by any process, look this in process tab and check if there is any process taking maximum CPU usage apart from its requirement then kill that process.

I read the complete post in this thread, though this is not possible for me to figure out the actual cause of the problem that is happening, but as per my opinion this can be happening regarding the security tool. Are using correct bitdefender program which is compatible with your system architecture? If this is ok with the operating system version then try with this, open bidefender security tool window, and click on Expert View from under Options, now proceed to update module and click on settings. Upload the bitdefender files from your system or from any other location, along with this also enable the update sharing option from that window, lastly click on Apply.

There is final solution for this type of problem, where as I was also facing almost similar issue, after that I searched for the solution for this issue in many different web sites, applied few of them those are under my capability, but no trick was helped me. After a long trial, I simply reload the bitdefender 2009 security tool, and from then the problem stopped arriving. So according to your problem that you mentioned in your post, I also like to suggest you to go for this process. For that first of all remove the existing program, and also remove other windows collaborating file from the temporary folder and from the registry editor. Now run the installation process and follow the instructions to complete the process. Update they virus module and go for a complete scan of your machine.