Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Update causes CPU Usage 100 percent

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Update causes CPU Usage 100 percent

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 the last 4 years and I am not at all faced with troubles, but recently I upgraded (fresh install) from 2010 to 2011 when KIS update time my CPU usage to 100 percent. Anyone else has the similar problem or anyone else has any idea why this is occurring? I ask this because I really don’t know why this is happening and what the solution for this. So please if anyone get any solution for this than provide me. Any information regarding my issue should be appreciated.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Update causes CPU Usage 100 percent

Here I just want to say that: Until further assistance arises, you can check your launch applications using Msconfig / Startup tab and see how many start-ups that you have and perhaps eliminate some. The reason I suggest this is, you run Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with only 4 GB of RAM and this is the ultimate bare minimum to sprint, 3 GB of RAM the better.

Have you attempted Sandboxie with disabilities because it is a program you do not need to run security KIS and both together may come into conflict, then no harm trying. GSI continues to show your FF 4.0 Beta here: C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 10, so you might as well browse and make sure it is deleted. You've done everything suggested and still no joy, your good looks outside GSI event errors / warnings. Plenty of that name resolution for the name of wpad.local.lan break later than any of the configured DNS servers responded and they SBIE1411 Sandbox Box unclear as default template block ports. Maybe someone will spot something there and after. How is your comp running, is there a general improvement of the additional RAM, apart from the tip of the update.

A recommendation is to make sure that the DNS settings for your network cards are working. Presently there are list of DNS resolution faults which point to otherwise. Try changing the DNS values google DNS servers. If it works, you have your answer. If this is not just undo the modifications and no damage is done to your computer: there are complete instructions here. Follow them carefully, and as suggested taking note of all existing settings so they can be returned should it go wrong.

The persons at Kaspersky can see everybody has missed a bit here. Your system should in hypothesis face fine for updates and does not freeze wholly like that. However, there is a single core processor if further adjustment of the following parameters could well tip the scales in your favor: unlock KIS and click Settings. Choose the icon cardboard box. After that click the word compatibility. Check the box beside "grant resources to other applications", after that click the Apply and shut the settings of KIS down. You may have to restart the PC for this to take effect. Basically, it will instruct KIS reduction plan during times when you use the PC. It will not stop the updates happening while playing games or watching videos etc for what you utilize this game form can as well be established in the advanced settings.

@Reputator - I am seeing the same problem after updating to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. My process list shows avp.exe consuming from 55-90+% of the CPU with no active scan in progress and no other applications running. Did you find a solution?

I am seeing the same problem after updating to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. My process list shows avp.exe consuming from 55-90+% of the CPU with no active scan in progress and no other applications running. Did you find a solution?
    Have you tried out the solutions that have been mentioned here and the below thread:
    High CPU usage with Kaspersky Internet Security
    Kaspersky Process giving 61% cpu usage