Thread: KIS 2011 crashes my operating system

KIS 2011 crashes my operating system

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this or not. I have installed the Kaspersky Internet security on my computer and my problem is that whenever I try to scan my computer with that then it just crashes my computer operating system and I cannot do anything once this is happened. There is only one option that is left for me once this happened is to restart the computer. Once I restart the computer then it comes to normal condition. But if I start to scan it again then it gives me the same thing again and again. Can you please tell me if thgere is any possible way which I will be able to resolve the problem. I will be grateful to all the replies for this. Thank you.

Re: KIS 2011 crashes my operating system

I consider that the problem is because of the spybot tea timer. So my suggestion to you is to disable the spybot tea timer as well as mbam realtime protection and save the changes. After doing the changes, you can again try to run the scan again and see if that is able to solve the problem for you or not. This issue may be happening to you if your computer is lacking the capability to run the spybot tea timer as well as mbam realtime protection and that is the reason that they are causing the conflict issue with that and disabling that may get you out of the problem.

Have you installed more than one security software in your computer? I would like to inform you that if you are having more than on security software running in your system at the same time then they may come in the way of each other’s process and as the reason of that the system is getting hanged. So if that is the same case for you then you will have to uninstall the additional security software from your computer and then reboot the system. After doing that, you can try to scan the system once again and see if that is showing you the same issue again or not. If this can solve the problem then please post back here.

It is also probable that the setup for the Kaspersky from where you have installed the Kaspersky Internet security might be corrupted and this might be the cause that the scanning is making your system to freeze. I cannot say that this is the just reason for this issue but this is one of the probable causes that can do the issues like this. My proposal to you is to download the new setup of the Kaspersky as of internet and then attempt to install that again as of the recently downloaded setup. If the trouble is due to the corrupted setup then the difficulty will be resolved for you.

I am having the same problem. I too thought it might be Spybot's Tea-Timer, but having reinstalled, with KIS 2011 being the only software (period) installed, it's still crashing my pc.

Tried three times, once with Windows updates complete, and one without, and with/without newest nVidia drivers:
    -full wipe of drive
    -recreated partition
    -Installed Win 7 x64 Pro
    -Installed mobo & graphics drivers (one scan tried with Windows drivers, one with newest drivers to rule out driver issues.)
    -Installed and updated KIS 2011

KIS scan still crashes the pc into a reboot no matter what I do. I even removed any extra drives, and it crashes while scanning the O.S. drive. I thought it might be hardware at 1st, but I removed all extraneous devices and ran memtest and stability tests, all of which came back negative for flaky hardware.

If anyone has an answer, I'd be grateful as well!

Hi LightningHertz

I have heard that this is a common problem with the KIS 2011 antivirus, and yes, many others with this new release. Therefore I would suggest you to go back to KIS 2010 and you will be happy and wont suffer from any problem. Why Kapersky released this mess to the public is questionable. You can also try to update to patch a,b or use a new betas that could solve this issue, but cannot for sure.

There may be a few troubles by means of the operating system which you are having insktalled in your computer and you should attempt to repair the operating system intended for your computer and observe if that is equal to resolve the difficulty for you. If that is not capable to solve the matter for you then you can attempt to do the clean install of operating system. But confirm that this is the final choice for you to resolve the difficulty. This will definitely resolve the trouble for you.