Thread: Two avp.exe running in system showing 100% cpu usage

Two avp.exe running in system showing 100% cpu usage

Recently when i checked the task manager i have found that there are two avp programs that are running in the background. One of them is the system user and while the other one shows the user as my name. How can it be a possibility that the two service of the same name are running in the system. Having said that both the programs occupy 100% cpu usage. This is quite big. How can this application account the system usage up to 100%. I need to ask is it ok, if we are able to run two programs at one time in the system? Please do give me some valuable inputs on this topic.

Re: Two avp.exe running in system showing 100% cpu usage

Well for that you would have to ensure that your system has enough memory space for the antivirus to run. Do defragment all the drives and delete al lthe unnecessary files which are not so useful for you. If your setup is in the c: then do clear out all the stuffs from there which are not so important for you. Always keep the system ample memory so that it would be easily able to carry on with the operations. So do follow all the steps that i have given here. after doing all that do let me know if you have got all the necessary suggestions.

I would like to ask you that have you installed any other antivirus program in your system. Are you running both the antivirus program at one time. If it is so then you must need to completely uninstall any one antivirus program and delete its complete registry. There might be a possibility that the antivirus program that you are using is also consuming the system memory. So do try removing any one antivirus program from the system . i hope you are clear with all the suggestions.

It is always necessary to keep your ram upgraded. I think so your ram memory is quite low and hence it is giving such problem. So do upgrade your ram. Upgrade it upto 2GB ram .since 512 mb is the minimum requirement for the antivirus program to run in the system. Also try to increase your system memory. The increase in the system memory will be very useful for you. So once having said that you would have to make the necessary changes that i have suggested you here. do try them and let me know if it works or not.

According to me you must completely uninstall the application and later install the application again. You will have to try this procedure only when you have upgraded the system memory and also the ram memory of your system. It is always necessary to have a good memory before running any antivirus program in your system. So do uninstall the program completely and after that you will have to start with the clean installation of the antivirus program. Do start with that and see if there is any improvement in the performance.

Well let me inform you that running of the two avp programs is quite normal and hence it is quite normal to do it. So do not worry about that. Well if none of the solutions have really helped you hen i would advice you to get a getSystemInfo application. The main feature of this application is quite good and you would be able to create a report of the system error due to the antivirus program. A automatic report is created and you will be able to send that report to the customer care people and they will accordingly acess your problem.