Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security update failed

Kaspersky Internet Security update failed

I am not able to update the virus Definiton files. If I try to do that then it just starts the update process and it get aborted at 37% and shows me the message that says “server times out”. When I started the task manager then it shows just three explosions of the initial data to a standard level afterward 2 more on that for dial-up speed. I can download 50meg songs over 3 minutes but a trial upgrade is still running so it is not the problem with the dongle. Kaspersky. send me the newest update on cd therefore I loaded this but I cannot download the latest files. It was very well for the previous 2 years by means of previous versions of this software. I am having I3 processor as well as mobile broadband dongle on around 3Meg standard download speed.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security update failed

I cannot say it for sure that this will solve the issue but you can try to update the database after turning off the virus protection. Along with that you will have to disable all the firewall settings. Once you are done with this then try to update it once again and see if that is able to solve the issue for you. I am saying this to you because, earlier one of my friends was also facing the same problem but with some other antivirus and when he disable the antivirus and firewall then it got updated without any problem. I hope that this will be the same for you as well. Thank you.

You have not mentioned that what is the version of the Kaspersky Internet Security you are using. Anyway, the latest version is Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. I rarely found any issue with this otherwise that is working all right in terms of performance and the update. There may be some problem in the method of update that you are trying. However, you can click on this link and this will let you to the page from where you will be able to get the complete idea about the update. Just go through this link and I am sure that you will be able to clear your mind regarding this.

Well, then I advise that you attempt troubleshooting update agent difficulty by means of the KL technical support to obtain this running. This would most likely the easiest and most straightforward method to decrease the load from administration kit. I suggest customers slave administration kits as well, if remote sites are larger than around 20 to 30 clients. This is just a proposal and not compulsory. If you do not acquire it running, you might also attempt updating distribution. You will discover this setting within the choice of update-task. There you are capable to state a local folder where all the updates are saved. This folder be shared like the network share otherwise by ftp-server as well as utilized by additional clients like update source. Well, if you are just having a solitary AD domain controller and it is not working then you would not be capable to login at clients, as well. You might make use of manifold update sources to construct a few redundancies intended for updates.

There is one more thing that you can try in your case to see if that is able to work for you or not. You will just have to go to the settings and then select Network proxy server settings. Here, search for the checkbox for “use proxy server”. If you get this then, just untick that and after that press Apply > OK to apply the settings. After doing all that, you can again try to do the update and see if that is able to complete the update properly or not. There are more chances that this will solve the problem for you. Please post back if that is able to help you.