Thread: Firewall 2011 And Cisco VPN Client: VPN does not work

Firewall 2011 And Cisco VPN Client: VPN does not work

I posted the problem earlier on many sites and no solution ever worked. I erudite to live with this annoyance, but I format my laptop, setup Total Security 2011 and wish it works now. But nothing. My configuration of the relevant programs is as follows:
    Microsoft Windows 7
    Cisco VPN Client 5.0
    BitDefender Total Security 2011
    RealVNC enterprise 4.5

1. I connect to my home (192.168.1.254) to my desktop using the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 and works well. When the Cisco VPN client connects, I get assigned a static IP address: 192.168.25.254. There is a rule in the firewall that only allows office my connection using ports 5900 and 5800 (those used by RealVNC) on my desktop (10.0.0.3).
    2. The new network (192.168.1.0) is detected by BitDefender and I put the two networks (my internet connection at home and the office network again) that the total confidence.
    3. Every time I click on the link VNC program said: "Trying to connect to the host ..."
      After 30 seconds or more, said: "Could not connect: timeout”
    4. I tried to add rules, resetting rules and add them again, without success.
    5. Until now, the just way I can make it all work is totally immobilize the BitDefender firewall.

Re: Firewall 2011 And Cisco VPN Client: VPN does not work

There is somewhat incorrect with the BitDefender firewall which even has all the programs concerned and all the IPs in question than to allow any port, the VNC connection always gets blocked.

1. If I wholly immobilize the BitDefender firewall, run the Cisco VPN (connects very well) and then run RealVNC: it works fine.
    2. If I turn on the BitDefender firewall, sprint the Cisco VPN (connects very well) and then run RealVNC: it connects.
    3. If I wholly immobilize the BitDefender firewall, sprint the Cisco VPN (connects very well) and then run RealVNC: it works fine. And later than that, if I activate the firewall, after 3 to 5 seconds, the session freezes wholly.
    4. If you need additional information, please let me know.

Please try to add the above IP addresses: 192.168.1.254, 192.168.25.254 and the list of trusted IP addresses in the Firewall -> Network tab. Then, after activating the firewall test and see if the problem persists. Also please check the following registry entry and tell me the starting value of the key below:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ TCPIP
    The early entry should be 0 (zero). If you put in 1 please manually change the entry and then restart the computer and test again to see if the problem will still occur.

I have a similar problem.
    1. I can connect to my Cisco VPN client, but the browser cannot see all machines in my company network.
    2. If I disable the Firewall comics, my browser can see all my desktop servers
    3. I also tried various things suggested in this thread, but no help.

I use:
    • Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07
    • BD Total Security 2011

Please if anyone has any solution than help me.

I as well have this trouble on a computer with Windows 7 x64 with BitDefender 2011 and Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290. Immobilizing the BitDefender firewall and can attach via the VPN tunnel to a server by means of mstsc.exe. But if the firewall is facilitated, the connection timed MSTSC. As well a ping is impossible. But the VPN client connects without errors. The firewall can be immobilized while the VPN client is previously connected, a remote session is possible. But turning the FW another time, the remote desktop session is missing. The Avira Suite does not have this trouble, as well in Microsoft Windows 7 x32 and BDIS 2011 works.