Thread: BSOD after installing KIS 2011

BSOD after installing KIS 2011

I am a normal computer. Well I am getting blue screen of death whenever I am trying to install KIS 2011 on the computer of mine. Anyhow I have managed to install KIS on the computer. Previously I was having ESET smart security on the computer of mine. Well it seems to hang the computer of mine hence I have uninstalled ESET smart security and tried to install KIS 2011 on my computer. I am getting random BSOD whenever I launch KIS. For the time being I am using Comodo firewall, F secure, and g data antivirus. Any idea to solve this particular problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: BSOD after installing KIS 2011

Well you told me that you have installed f-secure on your computer. I think f-secure uses n older Kaspersky drive. I suspect that is the root cause of the problem on your computer. I recommend you that you should use COMODO Internet Security, F-Secure Anti-Virus , F-Secure PSC Prerequisites and G Data AntiVirus 2011 and restart the computer. Once you have done try to install KIS and see what happens.

You have not provided anything about the error details which you are getting on the computer of yours. I recommend you that you should use GetSystemInfo to generate log file. You can download from the official website of the Kaspersky. You have to run this tool and click on Next to create report. It will automatically upload the log on the clipbord with default settings. Now you have to post the same here so that i can know what further steps should be taken.

Well looking at the situation I suspect that IOBit driver on your system is causing the problem on your computer. I am suggesting following steps which will help you to solve the problem.
    • You have to click on Start button and go for Run.
    • Now you have to enter msiexec.exe /unregister and hit enter.
    • Now again click on Start button and go for Run.
    • Now you have to enter msiexec.exe /regserver and click on Ok.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.