Thread: Reset Home management Network password in Bitdefender

Reset Home management Network password in Bitdefender

My computer has Bitdefender internet Security 2010. The issue is I forgot the Home Management Password which I have set up at the beginning and once. Now I necessitate inserting a new PC to the network. It's not allowing me accomplish whatever thing for the reason that it keeps asking for the password. Is it possible to reset this or the password itself?

Re: Reset Home management Network password in Bitdefender

• Within Windows Services, discontinue the BitDefender Server service
    • Then depart to C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender Home Manager\BitDefender Server. There you should open the file known as bdhesvr.ini
    • You will observe a thing named Encrypted Password; crossways from this, you will observe a = symbol, as well as a string of numerals. Remove those numbers
    • After removing Save and close it.
    • Again release the Windows Services and begin the BitDefender Server service
    • Unlock the Home Management network. You will prompt for a password. You have to leave it blank.
    • Once you get inside it you can easily reset password.

I think that you should work within the registry editor. First of all make a note on the registry entries which are related to Bitdefender and specifically the Home management network option which you are talking about. Then open the registry editor in your Windows PC and search for those particular keys. You will then notice which key to edit. Make sure that wrong modification could cause entire system to crash.

Other than resetting the password the best approach is to recover the password in any manner. For that you will need a good third party password recovery tool in order to get the forgotten password in windows. This kind of software will hunt for all password file in your system and shows one by one. Usually the file which stores the password in the encrypted form. Some software will be capable to decrypt them but some can’t. You should aware about it.

One thing to say that you cannot reset the password in the Bitdefender total security without the applied password. In order to reset the current password you will need to login with current password then you can go for reset. Otherwise you have to reset whole Bitdefender settings. This will turns your Bitdefender and all its settings to default so that you can start with the beginning. Otherwise you should re-install the whole program hoping that in future it won’t prompt for password again.