Thread: "Firewall Can't Be Enabled" pop up error message with BitDefender 2011

"Firewall Can't Be Enabled" pop up error message with BitDefender 2011

Last night I installed and replace the BitDefender 2010 security tool application with BitDefender 2011 version. And right after that when I tried to enable the windows default firewall security option, it appears a pop up error message "Firewall Can't Be Enabled". Whereas with the earlier version this was running fine, I close this popup windows then another pop up will appear into the screen with another error message 'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'. I check the network connection; it shows that there is no gateway is set into your system. In short the firewall is not working properly. Suggest me something to resolve this issue.

Re: "Firewall Can't Be Enabled" pop up error message with BitDefender 2011

In this problem I only like to suggest you to create a public IP address and a UAG external interfaces, if you are having another firewall program which is disable then try to enable this one and create a IP address to access the host server. Be sure that sever where you are creating the IP address should be provide you the firewall security option or the protection. And now enable the firewall that you tried earlier, and run this firewall protection parallel with the second one which one also should be configured with the firewall security which you created recently.

I was also facing similar issue, where I was also not able to enable the firewall security option in my windows XP pro compatible desktop PC. After that I also did a deep search on this issue, but no one helped me with any positive sides. Among the different tricks I applied one (Repair the Winsock registry key), this is command based solution. Click on start menu then RUN and type CMD and press ENTER. Now in the command prompt type and insert “netsh winsock reset” and again press enter. Now type EXIT and reboot your system. Now try to enable the firewall security option in your system, I hope this time you will be able to do this.

If nothing is works to resolve the issue that you posted here. Then I suggest you to reload the antivirus security program in your system, for that first of the remove the existing one and along with this a so remove other files of that security program from windows installation folder and from the registry editor, there are some of the files those are need to run the firewall service, so I think these was not installed properly. By reload the program I hope these will be overcomes and the problem will be resolved. Try with this enjoy the firewall security program.