Thread: Put Bitdefender to the Windows Taskbar

Put Bitdefender to the Windows Taskbar

Currently my system is running Bitdefender Total Security 2010. Yesterday without knowing I deleted all of my start up program that also include the Bitdefender. After that I couldn’t find any settings to add the program at startup items. For that reason I myself put the bdagent which I got in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 to my systems startup folder hoping that it will now appear in the taskbar. It worked. But the problem is now my computer is starting very slowly and the BitDefender icon I the taskbar changes color for several seconds to a minute. What is this? Should I need to do any further settings?

Re: Put Bitdefender to the Windows Taskbar

As far as I know there is no settings need to do for an antivirus because by default the antivirus program itself asks when the first installation. After the ending of the installation of BitDefender, it will ask for you to check the box that contains the option like ‘Run at startup” and “Put BitDefender I the taskbar” etc. Then it completes the installation. After this you don’t need to do any additional settings. The antivirus automatically loads at startup and runs in the background signifying a icon on the end of taskbar where you will see other start up options like time, volume, graphics driver, sound program (whichever) etc…

There is no connection between the startup items in the same folder and the antivirus program to run at start up. The BitDefender software is by default load at startup and runs in the back ground. You don’t need to put any file or agent in the startup list. Even if you delete the icon or file from the start up list it won’t effect at all. It might be possible that other program gets affected by deletion but the BitDefender will not. All security programs have a separate option in the settings menu for loading at start up. You can check on that.

In order to add the BitDefender in taskbar just go through the settings and enable the option called load at start up. This will put you the icon. If this didn’t helped you then go to the taskbard properties by right clicking it and in that pic show or hide inactive icons and click “Customize”. In that list check the BitDefender icon and set it is as active or set in motion. Click Apply and OK to save the settings. Restart the computer and see will it work or not.

By manually putting the BitDefender agent inside the start up folder will obviously cause the system start up and takes much time to detect the agent and run from it. So you need to re-install the BitDefender if possible. Otherwise just double click on the BitDefender agent. It may show you a menu with some option. There go through all the settings for appropriate changes. I think that it is the only method left for you now.