Thread: Firewall mode Changes itself To Public with BitDefender 2011

Firewall mode Changes itself To Public with BitDefender 2011

I am having two desktop computers, both are running with windows 7 32 bit OS, and in both the machines I recently installed BitDefender 2011 internet security, those was running fine till the last date, but suddenly in this morning I encountered a problem, whenever I tried to access internet from one of my system, the firewall setting changes itself from home to public mode. The machine by which I generally access internet it is configured with Atheros wireless adapter and this problem first occur when I first tried to transfer a file from my system to another laptop. After enter the network authentication password the machine simply does not allow me to do this. I checked the firewall setting and found the mode is configured as in public, though I was set it as the home network mode. what should I do now to resolve this issue? Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Firewall mode Changes itself To Public with BitDefender 2011

Try to do the operation that you mentioned in our post by disable the firewall features, along with this also recommend you to check the network access permission in the firewall setting window, for that open the firewall setting window, and form there open the access tab, select the network that you are using and also that one to which you are willing to transfer the file, now make sure that the access permission between the networks are permitted.

According to the problem might also be occurring for the wireless router that you are using. For that first of all ping to the device manager and from there check the status of the router when it is connected, I think the problem is should be occurring for the router driver firmware. So in the device manager if you found any kind of problem regarding the network router status, then simply tried once by update the driver firmware. Right click on the driver name and choose online update option. I hope this will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

Create a new use account from control panel>> user account and then log into the system with this newly created user profile and then proceed to the firewall setting window, from there click on setting or from the antivirus program that you are using. Set type profile mode by which you are willing to connect the system with network. Now try to do the above processes that you tried earlier. I think this is the only solution for these types of problems, so this will definitely help you to resolve the issue.