Thread: Windows Password changed after installing bitdefender

Windows Password changed after installing bitdefender

I have got one unique problem in my computer after installing Security software and it is very frustrating. My computer is currently running with Windows 7. There are several members in my room. For that reason I have set the password for my computer to login. It was working fine until I installed the BitDefender. First I didn’t get any problem with the installation. One day the BitDefender asked me to change the windows password. For the security purpose I have changed it. When I try to login from that password I couldn’t. I have tried the previous password also but didn’t work at all. What can I do now?

re: Windows Password changed after installing bitdefender

As far as I know none of the security product will ask you to change the password. If it asked you change or enter the new password then it will change it appropriately. You will not get any problem during the login of the Windows. Make sure that you have inserted the proper password. If there are more than one account for login then you may try from other login. It seems to me that the password change prompt would be came into view by any of the vulnerability module.

It is possible that the Bitdefender might have changed your Account password. But it won’t alter any password by itself. It only sets the password which is given by the user. You might have entered the wrong password and due to this you cannot able to login at all. What you have to do is, just boot your computer or Windows using safe boot mode. Once you get to the desktop get and download any third party software which will reset all the Windows password. With this method only you can get your password otherwise you can’t change it any manner except the re-installation of OS.

If you are able to get to the desktop by the help of safe boot then I urge you to go through the internet and download whichever third party application which has been developed for recover the password from Windows. By the help of this recover the password and check that whether the password which you have changed and current one is the same or not. If same then assume that it is not about the BitDefender problem. Otherwise you need to get rid of that security program from your computer.

Re: Windows Password changed after installing bitdefender

If the changed password is not the Administrator password then I urge you to login your computer as Guest account without any password. Every Windows computer may by default have Guest account in it. If you have one then you can easily login to your computer then go for password modification. For changing the password you will get the help from the Windows Troubleshooter. If it is an admin account then you will need to get rid of Bitdefender anyhow before the Login.

Re: Windows Password changed after installing bitdefender

Take it easy, If your windows password has been changed , you may reset it. It’s very easy and safe to reset the forgotten windows password.

You need to prepare:
    1:A blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive
    2.A computer which can link to internet
    3.A program called Windows Password Recovery 6.0

Get started with this 3 simple steps:
    Step 1 - Download windows password recovery 6.0 and install it.
    Step 2 -Burn your Windows Password Reset CD:
    To burn your CD, you’ll need a blank CD-R and the .ISO file of Windows Password Reset.
    Step 3 - Put in your newly created CD and remove your Windows password.
    Hope it helps.