Thread: Password Recovery for BitDefender

Password Recovery for BitDefender

I have been using the Antivirus called BitDefender in my laptop. It has been since 3 months I have installed this security tool. I have configured it very well according to my needs. I have settled the password for accessing the settings. The problem is I have forgotten the password I don’t know how I should recover it. Without that password I cannot alter the settings of BD. Please help me to recover that password in any manner. The password is regarding the parental control.

Re: Password Recovery for BitDefender

I don’t think that this password is necessary for you unless you only go for parental control settings. I hope that you can alter other major settings inside the Bitdefender. As I know there will not be any option like to recover the password in the User interface of the BD total security. You may use some of Windows Recovery tool hoping that they will interact with the BD to get password. Other than this there will not be any way to reset or recover the password unless re-installing the Whole program once again. I assume that you have got my point properly.

You can’t recover any password which has been configured for the Bitdefender or its settings. The only thing you can do right now is reset all the settings in the BD to default. This is the best way to do I think. May be it will again ask you to set the new password after the default settings. You should go for default settings now. I know that you cannot re-install the BD because you have already updated the virus signature database. If you re-install it somehow, you will need to again start from the beginning.

I think that you need to contact the BitDefender lab to ask for the code. What you need to do is mail them as subject of recovery of code by sending them details about your version of BD as well as some system related info. They may help you otherwise send you a solution to resolve that issue. Otherwise try by typing the registration or activation key of a BD. If nothing seems to be helping you then as the last solution re-install the software.

As far as I know every program’s password will be saved in a computer as a small file, may be less than 1KB. More probably these files either in the form of WordPad or Notepad. You will need to find those files. I think that those file may be in the encryption form. So you will not see any genuine password here. To decrypt that password or file, you will need to refer any third party software or any password recovery tool.