Thread: Parental Control Password in windows 7 with BitDefender 2011

Parental Control Password in windows 7 with BitDefender 2011

From last two years I am using a Dell inspiron laptop, this is recently upgrade from windows vista to windows 7 OS. Along with this also upgrade the BitDefender antivirus tool application from 2009 to 2011 version. I have three accounts in my system and regarding these I am facing a problem which is starting occurring after the upgrade of Bitdefender. The two user accounts are turned on and the admin account is turned off. If I tried to log on to the system by using the admin account it asking for the parental control password, I have no idea on these password. Though this not occurs into the user account, there is no error occurred with these accounts. Along with this l found that I am not able to visit some of the web sites, if I tried to logged then it flashes that, web sites are blocked. Is here anyone having any idea or information about this type of problems?

Re: Parental Control Password in windows 7 with BitDefender 2011

Regarding your problem I recommend you to disable the firewall and then try to log on to the system. Make sure that you are inserting correct user name and password for the administrative account. Because in some of the cases I found that this type of problem are occurred for the firewall, check setting of the firewall that you are using. Go through this, I hope it will figure out the problem.

I recommend you to create a new parental administrative account from control panel, for that type and insert parental into the search command panel in start menu and hot on enter. It will open the control panel, from there click on parental account, it will open a windows, from there open any user account those are created into the system, and make it as the parental control ID, by which you will access into the system. Now configure desire option like the access, controls and other option with this account and then click on ok or apply. Now try to log and access the operation into your machine with this newly created administrative account.

Open the registry editor by type and insert the RegEdit into the search command panel. From the registry editor click on the key looks like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, in any windows version this path will be the same. Now click on plus sign to expand the tab and process to the windows >> current version. select the Ratings folder from the right side of the RegEdit window, you will see a icon with the name key, click on press delete or remove. This will remove the original parental password from registry editor. Restart your system, and i hope from this time the password will not ask to you.