Thread: Bitdefender interface is not showing due to Active X error

Bitdefender interface is not showing due to Active X error

I have installed the Bitdefender security tool to my computer. It was installed perfectly on my computer without any error or interruption. After the complete restart I have restarted my computer. Then I double click the Bitdefender icon on the desktop but it didn’t open at all. I can only see a big white box. Then an error message appears saying that some kind of Active X control cannot be able to display. I have used this antivirus before but I didn’t get any issue like this. After the re-installation I am getting this problem. My computer is currently running with windows 7 and BitDefender total security 2010. Please help me to solve this.

Re: Bitdefender interface is not showing due to Active X error

I think that you might have changed some settings before the installation. As you know that even after the uninstallation of previous version of Bitdefender, the system stores some of the setup file which might help for the next installation. Due to this I think that you cannot open and view the interface. I urge you to completely uninstall the product. Then go to the program files folder and locate the Bitdefender folder. I hope that it still exist there. Delete that folder along with all its file and clear up the temporary folder. Now reboot the system and go for the fresh installation. I think that it might have resolved now.

Before installing the Bitdefender total security, know about computer and check whether your system is compatible or not. If all recommended options accepted then there is no problem with the installation. The active X control I think mainly related to the Java Engine. In order to run this control you will need a latest version of java installed in your computer. Otherwise I don’t think that it is possible for you to see the interface. You can freely get the latest version of Java in sun Microsystem website. For more information you can visit their website. If you already have it, then enable the automatic update in it.

For this interface or Active X related issue you will need to do one of two things. Either you need to go for the Windows update otherwise get the new edition of Microsoft Visual Studio. The active X controls settings may be only restored by the Windows update. Other than this I don’t have any idea about how to solve this. The last possible solution is to get the Microsoft Visual Studio to debug whichever error occurs in your computer.

As you know now a day’s software interface is mainly related to the Microsoft .NET framework. I hope that you have already known about this technology. The latest Microsoft OS needs latest .NET framework installed on the computer. Otherwise some of the program or software unable to function at all. Some program installation checks for this at the beginning of the installation. If required version of .NET present then only it continues the installation otherwise it rejects the installation by prompting the user to install it prior to. So I think that in your case also the same problem. Just make sure that your computer has latest .NET framework installed.