Thread: H5200 USB adsl2+ modem unable to connect to the internet when bitdefender firewall is on

H5200 USB adsl2+ modem unable to connect to the internet when bitdefender firewall is on

Good Morning to all of you, I am getting this vivid problem with the new modem that I am using which I have brought just a few days back, all was working very good and I was able to connect to the internet when I was using the mobile broadband connection. The most important point to be notice is that I was able to connect to the internet even when I kept the bitdefender firewall on. As I have come to know that this bitdefender is the latest antivirus software that is highly securable enough to protect from any kind of malicious program. But just few days back I switched to the Prolink H5200 USB adsl2+ modem for better access to the internet, although I don’t have any kind of problem connecting to the internet, but when I activate this bitdefender firewall I found that I was not able to connect to the internet. If there are any changes in the settings to be made so guys please suggest me with the same.

Re: H5200 USB adsl2+ modem unable to connect to the internet when bitdefender firewall is on

It is definitely to do with the settings that are there for the BitDefender Firewall since you are not able to connect to the internet. Also, I would want to know that are you completely out of reach of the internet while keeping this firewall on or is that you are able to access some sites but not all. If this is case than first of all make sure that you have kept the privacy and security settings low so that you can get instant access to all the websites. There could be a settings in the firewall which says as to all access to all the block sites as well, so you will have to select the yes option and then see if you are able to access all the sites that are there on the internet. So first make sure that you make all the necessary changes.

Re: H5200 USB adsl2+ modem unable to connect to the internet when bitdefender firewall is on

Hey if you are not able to access any of the sites than what I would suggest is that you will have to go through the BitDefender Firewall Network settings. First of all make sure that the Adapter is listed. After that you will have to make the following changes Type = Trusted, VPN = yes, Stealth = Remote, Generic = Yes. Once you make this changes the you will have to drop down to the Network Zone area, highlight the Adapter, click on Add Zone, finally you will have to type your IP address. Last but not the least you will have to Add Zone for all the systems in your network. I hope by making all these changes you will surely be able to connect to the internet.

Hey guys thanks for all the solutions that you have mentioned in the above but unfortunately none of them worked out for me, what I forget to9 mention is that I am not able to access to any of the websites on the internet that is when I start the modem I am able to connect to the internet with the firewall off, but as soon as I activate the firewall I loose the connect ion of the internet. I have tried all the settings that you have mentioned but there was no luck at all. I would desperately want my firewall to work properly with the internet so as to enjoy safe and secure surfing. Any other solution got by some one please mention it.

I think that there could be some problem with the DNS settings, you will have to make this following changes inorder to connect successfully to the internet even when the bitdefender firewall is kept on.
    First Click on the Start Menu. Than type cmd in the Search text box, and press ENTER.

• You will get the black screen where you will have to type the following command followed by ENTER
    • ipconfig /flushdns.
    • If you have typed the command successfully then a message will successfully be prompted regarding the DNS resolver cache.
    • Then again you will have to go to the command prompt and type the following command with a ENTER:
    • ipconfig /registerdns
    • Finally, you will have to type the following in the command prompt.
    • ipconfig /all

If suppose that the IP address for your Local Area Connection is either 0.0.0.0 then your pc is not getting an IP address from the router.