Thread: BitDefender is eating Bandwidth usage

BitDefender is eating Bandwidth usage

I am using bitdefender ever since a month or consequently, and while then I’m getting extremely annoying issue. When I see a flash video on any sites like youtube, the bitdefenders prompts me that it's using bandwidth. I know that it is normal. The trouble is that even after I close the site otherwise browser, bandwidth is at rest especially and continually used. It seems to me that some kind of malware is eating bandwidth. I have re-installed the OS but the problem remains the same. After that I have uninstalled bitdefender and the issue automatically gets resolved. So I think that there might be some kind of bug which resides in bitdefender. I know that it is not only the Bitdefender saying, I can see while my computer is using bandwidth. What should I do now?

Re: BitDefender is eating Bandwidth usage

I think that you need to go through the following steps; I think that it may resolve your problem.
    • Open the BitDefender and go to Settings button. There select Expert Mode >Ok.
    • Choose Firewall and for the interim uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now verify the bandwidth issue.
    • If it doesn't re-happen then re-enable the Firewall, afterward choose the Network tab >"Network Type".
    • Open the drop-down menu and choose "Trusted Local", and there set Stealth to "No" plus Generic to "Yes".
    • If there are no transforms following these steps, depart to the Status tab> "Advanced Settings" and uncheck "Block Port scan" and at last click OK.

You have told that you uninstalled the Bitdefender. I urge you to re-install it once again and go through the following the steps and see whether it gonna solve your issue or not.
    • Double click on top of the BitDefender's icon which resides in the desktop to release the Security Center.
    • Now depart to "Settings" -> select "Expert Mode".
    • Select 'Antivirus' tab and there Click on 'Custom Level'
    • Here you may need to uncheck the following three boxes:

• scan http traffic
    • scan Yahoo Messenger traffic
    • scan Windows Live Messenger traffic
    Furthermore if you are utilizing whichever network shares I would suggest you to stop the 'Scan network shares' by going to the Antivirus > Custom Level key to decrease the bandwidth convention.

AS far as I know the issue is in bitdefender windows service itself still if you disable antivirus or additional BitDefender product defense. To establish this theorem, at a time you downloading whichever thing from well-liked Download Manager (IDM, Orbit, etc) in whichever instance, download pace reduce to zero or take place error. In this occasion run Bitdefender Weekly Update as well as allow update for antivirus. At what time BitDefender service is put out of action, download manager begin downloading usually excluding following weekly update completed the BD bandwidth issue be recurring. I heard that in latest version also the problem persist.

It seems to me that the problem is essentially the grouping of BDTS 2010 as well as Flash. I have read the one solution for this issue and I applied it. By luckily it worked for me.
    • First of all boot your computer in safe mode
    • Then open run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor window.
    • In that window go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender
    • There right click in the right pane and select new >multi-string value
    • Now provided the name as HttpAppSkip
    • Type in it the pathway of your IDM as well your Mozilla Firefox browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    • After this save it and restart PC

Note: If you are using any other browser you need to specify that path instead of Mozilla Firefox. Otherwise you can type your entire Web browsers path.