Thread: When I try to open Bitdefender it shows some error "some avtive x control can not be displayed" ?

When I try to open Bitdefender it shows some error "some avtive x control can not be displayed" ?

A few days back I had upgraded my system, I had to install the operating system again after I had faced the virus issue , I just finished with my installation , but for some reasons I am not able to open bitdefender.each time I try to do so but just see a big white box.the error shown is "some active x control can not be displayed".it had worked just well until today.i have not altered any settings.i have windows 7 X86 (32-bit) and bitdefender total security 2010.please help.

re: When I try to open Bitdefender it shows some error "some avtive x control can not be displayed" ?

When you outlook a Web site that encloses an ActiveX control, you might experience any of the following symptoms:
    • You are not asked to download and install the control.
    • A red X is showed where the control must appear.
    • You obtain script errors stating "Object needed“or "Name is not an object."

This behavior can happen if you do not have permission to write to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive or the Downloaded Program Files folder on your system . To resolve this problem, contact your network administrator to acquire the appropriate authorizations for downloading ActiveX controls.

re: When I try to open Bitdefender it shows some error "some avtive x control can not be displayed" ?

I just wanted to say that I was also registering here only to verify this has worked multiple times. I work for a university help desk and we have experienced this problem with our network access client launching. After trying to ensure services and obtaining this error message we track down this information and just erasing the registry key noted about worked.Now, each time this has happened has been paired with malware that our users' computers were affected with so cleaning of that had to be done as well, but this helped us really get someplace.

Hey I'm having precisely the similar problem that you just came up with mentioned. My gadgets are not working and I can't make out my processes from admin tools in control panel. It showed as like in the screenshot. I thought it may be due to my antivirus. I used bitdefender total security 2010. When i opened it, it displayed One or more activex controls could not be displayed because either:your present safety settings forbid running activex controls on this page, or you have obstructed a publisher of one of the controls.as a consequence, the page may not show properly. I uninstalled it, still I getting the similar problem. I tried for scanning the system, it showed no spywares, no malwares, even the sfc scan showed no mistakes. any body can assist..?