Thread: Require a safe configuration for the Firewall / Network settings

Require a safe configuration for the Firewall / Network settings

I am not facing any issues / problems, but have been attempting to settle on the most suitable, safe, configuration for the Firewall / Network settings on my Home Network. The two system's are home computers, and must be able to communicate with each other generously for Network shares (for which they do at current).I have asked for Bitdefender help and support both online and also the via the tab that is there on the Bitdefender D interface. Although there are a number of explanations for each option - Network type / VPN / Stealth / Generic, I still wait hesitant as to what I must be setting these at.
    Would anyone suggest that I change these, or recommend as to where I may find a more complete help page to explain a variety of settings and their affect on the Home Network?

Re: Require a safe configuration for the Firewall / Network settings

Firewall Configuration Wizard launches automatically once you have installed the Antivirus security installation. Though you can organize the component’s parameters afterwards, it is suggested that you take the wizard’s tour to make sure the Firewall works properly. Firewall Configuration Wizard can also be called openly from the Firewall interface , in order to do that you just need to press the Configuration wizard button.

The Generic under Network indicates to having the similar settings saved for that kind of network adapter. The option to wedge port scans can be located under Firewall -> Advanced Settings button.
    I would suggest you to read the explanation for every of the levels of the Firewall slider along with the offline manual located in the installation folder:
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Support\offlinemanual\html
    I think you have got my point , but still if you find any difficulty , please let me know I will be there for you .

I really thank for the reply being given to the replies being given to the questions being asked , Many thanks for the speedy reply and assistance , I have reconfigured as you had recommended, I was a little worried about switching the Stealth Mode off, thinking that this may be permitting access / pings to my system from the internet, but does the ''Generic'' / or additional settings inside the Firewall to stop this? I've just tried an online SheildsUP Port Scan experimentation , and all looks to be well i.e. . no ports open. ???