Thread: Unable to create a log file after running a scan with BitDefender

Unable to create a log file after running a scan with BitDefender

I am unable to view the log file after doing a scan with BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on my portable system . During that I receive an error message each time asking for 'Creating association in the Folder Option control Panel'obtained an error message each time asking for 'Creating association in the Folder Option control Panel'I require to view the log because have to uncover out 5 objects which could not be scanned by antivirus after a malware risk (of which there is one 1 password protected object and along with that + 4 compressed objects). require to find the location of these objects and remove them, if essential.What is the reason I cannot locate them out and what can be the possible solution to this issue ?

Re: Unable to create a log file after running a scan with BitDefender

The BD log files are in typical .xml format and must be readable by your default web browser. The error message apears like your installation of Windows does not contain a file connection for file type .xml so you require to verify the Windows setting for this option. But I think you have understood a bit about the log files , yes they can really be proved usefull , as you said you can test the scan results on the hidden objects

Scan logs are essential XML files and will open with the default application which is connected with XML files. You can modify it by creating an XML file on your desktop (you can perform this with Notepad, and save the file that has an extension of XML ... or just locate an XML file in your system). Then right click on it, select its properties , and modify the default application to Firefox, or whatsoever application you wish to run an examination XMLs with.

I am astonished that there is not a built in log reader for BD as the XML files are not essentially easy to understand for a beginner. It would also be helpful in order to put in exceptions easily without having to search down the files and add them by hand. Are the log files created by one edition compatible with other editions? But still there were a lot of issues regarding the compatibility as well, I am not quite sure about that .

A log file offer you with information concerning the operation, outcome etc. of the conclusion of a task the program has executed. You can then understand the information to assist you analyze possible issues. A new edition of a program might or might not add or remove characteristics to the log depending upon their require or value. But I am not sure that they are compatible or not . I further explain my point.

What I signify compatible is that the suppose I installed Bit Defender D TS 2009 and do any scan job and save scan record to My Documents. Then I do a bit of upgrading my Bit Defender to edition 2010 or 2011 and wish to read the scan logs of 2009. Will the scan record opened or not? However at current I am testing BD 2011 Beta edition which is not opening its precursors logs.(no rearward compatibility). Same issues when I was using BD 2010.