Thread: Bitdefender detects Rootkit.Tdss.AW virus

Bitdefender detects Rootkit.Tdss.AW virus

I am having a Windows XP and the Bitdefender anti virus software. Bitdefender notified me that it catches the rootkit.tdss.aw virus although shortly after my PC automatically re-booted. It gets approved the bios tests however does not boot to windows. I took away the hard drive and put it into another system and scanned using the bitdefender antivirus application on the drive and it noticed the virus again but couldn't get rid of it.I placed the drive back into the original computer and ran bitdefender from the rescue CD but it did not notice any viruses.I then ran the Windows XP setup with the fix option. It finished effectively but I still can't get the system to start Windows.I have now acquired a new hard drive and am in the course of installing Windows XP. I can still observe the data on the original hard drive so I at least can still obtain at my old data.Any ideas for getting the original drive and Windows working as I would favor not to have to re-install all my again in my system .

Re: Bitdefender detects Rootkit.Tdss.AW virus

I will ask you to connect again the hard drive to your other system again and run Malware bytes and SuperAntispyware, both free application . Observe if those can get rid of the infection off the hard drive for you. If not, I interpret somewhere on a forum that Spyware Doctor had been successful as removing variations of that malware. But there are a lot of ways to get rid of it , you can refer the internet for that .

My recommendation is to reformat the computer. Boot into several form of linux (Ubuntu is my liking), and back up your files that you require. Once you perform that, go forward and clean the computer and initiate from the beginning. Yes, I am aware that know, it is a plenty of work, but it will guarantee you that you will have a clean, unaffected system infected computer. One last reminder, I will go away you is when you do desire to reformat, in the XP installation disk, make it certain you wipe the drive with slower wipe.

Rootkit.TDSS is a rogue rootkit program that has the backdoor capability to allow an attacker to gain distant unauthorized access. Rootkit.TDSS should be removed on time. Remove/change corrupt Registry EntriesI will ask you to go to “Start” and then click on “Run“Then after that in the Run command box, type “regedit“, and then click on “OK” . This option will release the Registry Editor, there you can remove and alter the Registry Entries.There is no problem to locate out any Registry Entry, if you know what you are looking for. Otherwise you can look for the registry key with the search option of Registry Editor. And for this, just Press “Ctrl + F” to set the key that have the value you desire to remove or change.

I ran the Kaspersky Boot Rescue disk and it did locate the virus though was not capable to remove it.I wasn't conscious of the TDSSKiller so determined to obtain another hard drive so that I can boot my system and save my data from my old main drive.As my system would not boot on it's own and TDSSKiller had to exist in anyplace to run it so I installed windows and booted the system from there.After that I downloaded the TDSSKiller onto my new drive and ran TDSSKiller against my other drive and it eradicated the virus. I switched hard drives and was back in business sort of.In my efforts to solve the issue I tried to run Windows XP Install/fix procedure. After I got my old main drive up I discovered that I was back to Windows XP SP1. After several hours of reinstalling Microsoft updates I'm back in business once more.

Lessons learned: all anti virus software have their pro's and con's. Bitdefender works improved than my old old Norton but didn't seize the virus and their practical support had no cure for my issue .Kaspersky rescue Cd worked finest to type the problem and their virus killer did the work.As Kaspersky saved the day for me I am going to make use of them then time I have to obtain new anti virus software.The technician at the Computer store from whom I purchased the hard dirve informed me that he only uses free anti-virus software. There are a numerous of good ones out there. So far the experiences I have had point to he may be correct.