Thread: Cannot Update BitDefender Internet Security 2010

Cannot Update BitDefender Internet Security 2010

I really think that it is the pain in the neck when one goes for the upgradation here. I have just made an upgrade to this Antivirus and I have just downloaded and installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 on the system. Now the thing is that after I made the installation I have seen that I just cannot go with the updating the Antivirus here. Whenever I try to go with the update it just says that I cannot have the update and then I cannot see anything on the screen. Can you all please let me know what are the things that I can do so that I can have the update for the antivirus of mine here. I want the System to be protected and hence any help in the matter will be really appreciated here. Let me know about the same.

Re: Cannot Update BitDefender Internet Security 2010

You must be getting some of the error while you are going with the update. Well if that is the case there then please let me know about the error. I am sure that with the error I will be able to let you know what the issue is actually there and why are you getting the issue. Also in addition to this it will be better if you can check for the validity of the account of yours. It may happen that you are not able to get the updates since the account of yours might have not got updated and hence you are not getting the services from there site. You can verify the same on the tech support site of Bitdefender. See what they suggest you to do. If that will be the issue that I have pointed out then you will be able to have it fixed soon.

It seems to me that you are not able to have the update since the database of yours might have been updated and there is not all the requirement for having the update. Or if it is not the case then it might have happened that the update for the Antivirus of yours might have got installed on your system and hence you are not able to get the update installed on your system. Just wait for the arrival of the other antivirus there and then try to get the Antivirus for update. I am sure that for the later update you will be able to have the same on your System.

I am of the opinion that you are getting the issue since you have not gone for the clean installation and I would like you to see for that step there. You will not at all get the license of yours void. The thing is that when you are just making the simple upgrade then there are some of the files that might be getting conflicted with the new installation. Uninstall the current version of the Antivirus from your system and for that you can simply go to Control Panel. After this you can make use of the CCleaner and Registry Cleaner. Run both this application and then go with the installation of the Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. Once you do this in the clean manner then enter the product key and I am sure that you will be able to get the updates this time.

I am of the opinion that you just bought the Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 at the wrong moment and hence you are not getting the appropriate update. The point is that actually the Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 has been launched and hence you are not able to get the update for your system. It will be simply great if you can get the Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 upgraded to the Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 as they are making it available for free here. You will be required to get Bitdefender Uninstall tool so that you can remove the current version of the antivirus from the system. Once you are done with that then you will be required to download and install the Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 for your system.