Thread: Can't operate sharepoint in 64 bit internet explorer 8

Can't operate sharepoint in 64 bit internet explorer 8

Hi all,
    I am not able to operate sharepoint in internet explorer 8 browser, this problem associated with my newly installed 64 bit IE 8. This is running with windows 7 64 bit system architecture in my Dell inspiron laptop. Whenever I tried to create a new document on that similar tasks, there is a error message come s in my screen, looks like “New Document requires a Windows SharePoint Services which should be compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater than that”. Similar problem is happen when I tried to do same operation in Mozilla Firefox browser. What to do now? How to overcome from this problem? Any information or suggestion for this issue?

Re: Can't operate sharepoint in 64 bit internet explorer 8

As per my opinion this is the installation problem, for that I recommend you to go through the process that I am going to mention bellow. First of all enter into control panel and then open add and remove folder, select the office tool application which is installed, now click on change application, it will appear a window, from there select Add remove components, along with choose Office Tools, from the office tool list choose and select Windows SharePoint services support, look for the option run all from my system and click on it. Follow the instructions for the installation, and after the completion reboot your machine. Now try to make a new document. Go through this.

I think you are properly going through the log in to the share point page or the site. If you are willing to visit nay official site then copy the URL of that site and paste it into the internet explorer web browser tab, before that create the document for that SharePoint, now locate the document library in your system and browse the file which you are willing to share into that web site. If you are not able to locate the file from the document library then click on "View all site content" option. From the file menu check the file or the document into browser and the again from the file menu click on check in, the file is added into the SharePoint site. This is the actual process of this operation. Try with this.

The problem that you mentioned in your post might be occurring for the active control or the addons that are applied in your IE browser, because in some of the cases I found that these type of problem may be occurred for this, so in this cases you need to either remove or to disable them from the browser then try to do this process. i also suggest you to try once by disable them from the browser from add-ons under tool menu of the browser, and then try to do the same process, that you got failed earlier.

Ok, I read the complete question and also the posts those are posted by different user in this thread. After applying the above mentioned process, if you are still not able to act with SharePoint by the using of internet explorer browser, then I think there should be any issue with the browser. for this first of all try by reset the browser. locate this one from tool menu, and wait till the process completes. Restart the browser after that and see whether the same problem is still arriving over there or not. Iif it still arriving then there is only solution, simply reload the browser, for any addons or other flashes that are applied into the browser, the browser might be crashed and for this you are not able to perform the operation. Remove the existing one and along with this also remove the browser internet file and the installation file from temporary folder and registry editor. Then start the fresh reinstallation and follow the instructions to complete this. Go through this, it will surely help you