Thread: Getting error "System Error, IP address conflict”

Getting error "System Error, IP address conflict”

Often I get the error "System Error, IP address conflict". So, I am connected to the PC via cable fixed to Fastweb. The other access via Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi has different IP address from the IP that I have in my desktop PC. How is it possible that there is this conflict of IP addresses? Why do others connect automatically to my IP address and not the router? Help, I'm going crazy! Please if you have any suggestion then please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just want to thank you in advance.

Re: Getting error "System Error, IP address conflict”

You have to do few things in order to get rid from it. So in it first thing which
    • you have to do is that
    • Verify that the wireless network device has DHCP enabled.
    • The wireless network device is different Fastweb?
    • Take a picture of your connection.

I am sure after doing this procedure you will be able to fix your problem.

Yes, the router is configured for Auto IP ("IP automatically via DHCP"), as well as the Fastweb network. When I go up on the desktop computer "Cmd -> Ipconfig / all" gives me the addresses Fastweb obviously different from those of the router. PCs that connect to the wi fi but have the same IP to the desktop computer, not the router! So related to it what you want to say. Why I am getting like it.

I did not understand. So if you make some point clear for me over here so I will be able to help you in more advanced way. Because as much I know is that there can be no two alike in the same IP network. So here I want to know that
    • What does "different from those of the router?
    • What do you mean equal to the IP desktop computer?

In the sense that the router's IP address is different from that of Fastweb (Local Area Connection). For example, the router is 192,168 (...) and that the LAN is 10.79 (...). The computers connect to wi fi with the IP of your LAN! How is it possible? They should not connect to 192 168 (etc..) Router? And Fastweb are connected via cable and I installed a Linksys router. Can someone help me configure it? What should I put the router IP? What IP should I put the LAN? I want to run any external PC via wi-fi with no problems, no static IP, no "conflict of IP addresses", etc. Thanks!

Hi !
    i want to help you with the basic, i am understanding from your post , u want to try different network at a same time .but we can access two different network after convert into single network.
    Now tell me your network ip address.i will explain to you....

Regards
    Sha

Hi, something that may be of help, Fastweb routers only allow 3 internet connections at the same time, so that could be a mix of phone/internet/wi-fi, once a fourth device attempts to connect via the router (this could be a phone's wi-fi or another pc) the entire router connection will fail and all the lights on the routing box will go out leaving only the power light on.
    This will continue until the number of devices calling for a connection is reduced to a maximum of 3 (this includes voice phone line, ethernet and wi-fi connections too).

Apparantly Fastweb due this to stop their network losing speed, I supppose they are also too tight to buy web monitoring software to manage their network which would also prevent lose of bandwith speed for their customers.

Hope this helps, I learned this after I was visited by a Fastweb technician who told me his opinion on this fault, he said I should try calling their sales team and ask to by more ip addresses, but he wasn't sure they could actually sell additional ip addresses, but he said that would be the only way to stop this fault.

Thank you very much this was very helpful for me. It did worked properly. Thanks again.