Thread: Increased risk of threats to e-mail security

Increased risk of threats to e-mail security

I have recently heard about increased risk of threats to e-mail security!! The rapid and relatively recent rise of email as a means of communication has created opportunities and challenges for the software industry and world trade. Let me tell you that I am student of IT (junior college), and we have given an assignment about increased risk of threats towards the security of an email. So I thought to take some notes from you members, due to which I will gain some additional knowledge as well as my assignment will be completed.. I am sure that someone hanging over there will provide some notes for me. I am requesting you people to provide it as fast as possible.

Re: Increased risk of threats to e-mail security

The companies software developers have created popular client and server programs for e-mail, thereby offering improved functionality through free downloads and high-end commercial applications. With the development of the Internet and surfing the Internet, many companies have launched e-mail solutions based on the Web, often supported by advertising and therefore free for the end user. The commercial providers of business applications have continued to innovate and provide advanced features to help IT departments more effectively manage and secure their email systems, enabling information workers to cope with the challenge of managing increasing volumes of mail mail. The integration of telephony and e-mail now allows access to fax and voice mail via e-mail client and, thanks to the proliferation of mobile devices, it becomes possible to access e-mail wherever you are.

The importance of messaging technologies continues to grow, proving an invaluable advantage for companies around the world. The system operators are faced with the need to provide advanced features to ensure the competitiveness of resources and at the same time, protect their networks and their intellectual capital. Over the past five years, there was an increased risk of security threats for businesses and consumers that use e-mail. Viruses, worms, spam, phishing, spyware and escalation methods of hacking increasingly modern and sophisticated, the rest have e-mail communication and managing the infrastructure on a task increasingly risky. Occur regularly cases of identity theft resulting in loss of intellectual property and personal information, such as theft of credit card numbers and social security. These problems, coupled with the success of electronic communication, have contributed to the creation of new legislation to regulate the privacy, traceability of data and journaling.

The first e-mail worm was noteworthy was Melissa, which appeared in March 1999 and followed in May 2000 by the ILOVEYOU virus, which has created chaos on the Internet. Following the arrival of these viruses, filter and block the attacks have become standard features for e-mail. By now, certain types of attachments are generally removed from the mail in transit and blocked by clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express and Outlook Web Access (OWA). You can run antivirus at the time of delivery of messages or when they are stored on the server or the mail client. It is now common practice to implement antivirus solutions on both the client and the server. In fact, many companies prevent the network connection to the computer that you did not install your antivirus software current.

In early days, spam has become a serious problem that threatened to severely damage the usefulness of email. The Federal Trade Commission of the United States began to take tough measures against forgery of electronic mail, although the wide variation in regulations across different countries makes it difficult to enforce legal standards in a global ecosystem as the Internet. Junk mail is not just an annoying inconvenience, but is also commonly used in phishing, to steal information and funds. It is a very economical method used to advertise products (or to conduct cyber attacks) and is effective even with a very low frequency of clicks. Some group has estimated that during 2006 will receive on average more than 100 billion spam messages each day, an amount equal to two thirds of all email traffic. The technology to combat junk e-mail began with very simple ideas, such as the deletion of emails containing blocked words. Currently, these methods have evolved technologies branched detection and reduction. Current solutions include even block specific words, but have now been integrated with sophisticated tools for detecting junk mail, such as Microsoft SmartScreen technology. A quick search on the Internet will return a list of the many companies that sell technology to combat spam, but also a long list of people willing to help those who want to circumvent the spam detectors.

In the nineties, some scientists and students have found ways to benefit from some common programming errors such as buffer overflow. These weaknesses have proved to be more easy to exploit as an increasing number of computers were connected in networks. Until then, the virus traveled by floppy disk and, thereafter, there were many advances in sophistication of attacks. We are witnessing brilliant exploits against many types of memory management bugs, including integer overflow exploits, very popular in the underground community. Cross-site scripting (CSS) and other techniques are used to script injection attack Many of today's Web applications attacks are motivated by venal purposes, while the former pirate attacks were more often motivated by a desire for publicity. It is known that the attacker uses tools to automate the process of finding and exploiting vulnerabilities. These tools include the so-called fuzzer that can transform the input data "good" or to generate input corrupted. They are used to identify the programming bugs that can be exploited for code execution. There have been many advances in the tools used to decode and identify changes to a program. Nowadays, uses several fuzzer and analysis tools for developing Microsoft products can identify these potential defects in the code to allow the correction of first to market a product.

Exclamation Re: Increased risk of threats to e-mail security

I am an owner of a corporation!

KERWIN HAS BEEN USING MY SITE AS A PROXY.

It has caused my site to be shut down many times.

I am going to have some one break into your home while you are sleeping

and shoot you in the face, many, many, many times.

kerwin@gmail.com

I already have your picture

Your dead mother ****er???

"Took a plane out to Cleveland late last evening to help my niggas clean ups so some niggas no longer breathing"