Thread: Unable to set up a wireless network in Apple iMac

Unable to set up a wireless network in Apple iMac

I am having an Apple iMac PC; this is running with windows 7 along with this also installed MAC OSX. The machine is specified with Intel dual core processor, along with this NVIDIA GEForce high definition graphical interface. Now the problem is that just two days back my system was encountered an unconditional shutdown. And right from after that still now I am not able to set up the wireless network, which I was using earlier of the problem occurred. Whenever enter the MAC address of the system it directs me a error message that, windows is required for internet connected, I connected and after enter the physical address, it simply directs that windows is not allowed to access the network. Though this problem is not occurred with the wired network connectivity, why this problem arrived and what should I do now? Any idea on this problem?

Re: Unable to set up a wireless network in Apple iMac

The problem that you mentioned in your post, I think this should be occurring for the network router that you are using, ping the machine with the router and then check the status for the router driver whether this is acting properly or not. If you found any problem over there then simply update the driver firmware, I think for the unconditional shuts down that you posted, for this the driver is corrupted or some think like this. Open device manager and from there right click on it and select the update option, it will collect the update information regarding the router driver and will direct you to install it into your system. Try with this, I hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Start your machine in apple operating system mode, though I know one process to resolve this which is based on apple OS. Now open the apple Wi-Fi base station from the system for check the wifi firmware version, after open the base station window, it will automatically check the update version. This only happens if you are having the AirPort Utility, but if you not having this one, then also you will be able to use this feature with MAC OSX. So from the AirPort Utility, it is very easy to update the firmware version , simply open this and click on preferences, from there choose the update version, wait till it collect the information regarding this and follow the instructions if this will allow you to apply the up to date version. if there is any issue with the Apple OS platform then by this the problem will be solved.

I did this in another way, this is very simple, I hope by this process you will be able to set the wifi network. for that right click on wireless icon which is situated into the status bar of the system, select the connect option, it will detect the network name, by which you are willing to connect your system, now click on configuration or if you are using any authenticated network then after click on connect option it directs you to set the network to access, enter desire information into the proper places, click on save or OK. Restart the machine to apply the changes and now try to connect the machine with the network, I hope this time you will be able to make the connection.

I am facing relevant issue with my home situated wireless network, whenever I tried to connect the machine with the wifi network and after click on the connect button, it simply direct me that the windows is not allowed me to connect the machine with this network, along with this some times, it also flashes that there is no wilfi network and this appear in the middle of the network access, this is quite disappoint for me to disconnects from the network at the mid of internet access is there anyone having any idea on this type of problem?