Thread: waiting for www.....

waiting for www.....

when i try to visit certain website =s i am not able to browse the same as the above message appears or as if the browser hangs.

I have experienced the same problem with internet explorer and firefox.

I Have one desk top and two lap tops. In none of the machines i am able to browse certain websites.

I am experiencing the problem in windows 7 and windows xp.

I have tried disabling antivirus too. The problem appears with bsnl broadband and dial up to.

clearing dns cache/ping test etc have not yeilded any result.

please advise.

Re: waiting for www.....

If you have already tried the clearing dns cache/ping test then i will advise you to open the site which want to visit through proxy server and see whether this sites are opening or getting the same error. If the site is opening through the proxy server then it is problem with your Internet Service Provider and you need to contact the Service provider for the same. They will resolve the issue from their end. If you wanted to know about the Proxy Server then go with the ATunnel.com.

thank you, I could visit the site through atunnel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal View Post
    If you have already tried the clearing dns cache/ping test then i will advise you to open the site which want to visit through proxy server and see whether this sites are opening or getting the same error. If the site is opening through the proxy server then it is problem with your Internet Service Provider and you need to contact the Service provider for the same. They will resolve the issue from their end. If you wanted to know about the Proxy Server then go with the ATunnel.com.
    eventhough I could visit those sites through atunnel.com, I have some more doubts.

If the problem was because of the ISP(bsnl),then,it should be applicable for all bsnl customers in the area.

I was able to visit those sites with out any problem from public internet booths in the same locality.

can you explain it.

This might be the problem with the IP address of yours which got some restriction by the Internet Service provider and that is why only you are getting the issue with the same. If you can then ask the Internet Service Provider for the reason behind the blocking of the IP and see what suggestion they will give you.

I have not been able to contact the ISP, i.e BSNL so far.

Still,I wonder how can I have same problem in three different machines (One desk top and two lap tops) alike?

Quote Originally Posted by mahendran106 View Post
    I have not been able to contact the ISP, i.e BSNL so far.

Still,I wonder how can I have same problem in three different machines (One desk top and two lap tops) alike?
    I had contacted bsnl,they said they are helpless as they had not done anything. The problem may be due to heavy internet traffic for those sites.

what to do?

I was also having the similar problem earlier. I tried many things to fix that but was not able to resolve that. I was using the AVG antivirus and that was the reason behind that. It was blocking the sites to get load and when I uninstalled that then the issue went from my computer and now I am using the Norton and not do not have any problem with internet browsing.

I was using Norton initially. I had the problem with norton. Now I am using K7.still the problem.

I have tried disabling K7 . then also not able to visit those sites.

Well, Antivirus is not the cause for this problem. Its different problem. If am not wrong, your desktop and laptops are connected with the same (BSNL) internet connection, right ? And do you often visit rtiindia.org ?

Am asking this because is regularly visit the site, like rtiindia.org and they are getting some harm from me or my system than they can bann my particular IP Address. And i after that i cannot visit their site from my internet connection/PC. But can easily access them from atunnel or any different PC/internet.

I hope you got what i wanna say !

rtiindia.org has not done anything to block me.

the problem was with firefox.

with the "nonscript"add on intalled,I could solve the issue.

on google search,i found many people having this problem.

how come an add on "nonscript" helped me, I do not know>

It might be the thing that the site that you are trying to use must be having some of the script that must be not allowing the site to open on the Web Browser of yours. So it was really great that you got the site open with the installation of the nonscript add-on on the browser. Well you can have also given this a try by unchecking the Enable JavaScript option on the browser. You can see for the same in Content tab under the Options tab.