Thread: Internet explorer not working properly with Motorola SBG900 modem

Internet explorer not working properly with Motorola SBG900 modem

I am having a dell latitude laptop, running with windows vista os. The laptop is specie with AMD processor, along with this compatible with wireless connectivity. So to access internet I am suing a wifi internet connection, and for the connectivity I am using a Motorola SBG900 Wireless Cable Modem, and installed internet explorer 7 as my default web browser. now the problem is that, I am not able to access some of the web pages, whenever I tried there is two things happen, either the browser is hangs after insert the URL or the windows directs me you are not able to access this web page. There is another Apple safari browser is installed in my laptop, though in that browser there is no problem. Is there any pone having any information or suggestion for me to figure out this problem with IE?

Re: Internet explorer not working properly with Motorola SBG900 modem

Are using the correct version of the browser which is compatible with the operating system version. I recommend you to collect the physical or IP address of the web site that you are willing to access, and add this address into the trusted web site list. To add this, open the browser and click on internet option, now click on Security tab, under that click on Trusted sites, now open the sites and add the IP address under that list, and click on add. close the window and restart the browser. Then try to access the web page.

The problem might be occurring for the wifi router, means the problem might be occurring for the internet connection. Open the device manager and check for the status of the router driver, I think the problem should be in the router driver, for that right click on the driver name and choose the update option. Now click on online option. It will collect the information of the update version if this available and will direct you to download and replace with the existing version. Try with this, it might be helping you.

According to the problem that you mentioned in your post, I think the problem might also be occurring for the browser, though I think for this you are not able to access some of the web pages. So according this I recommend you to try with the browser reload option, for this remove the existing version and along with this also remove the other browser installed files stored into the windows installation folder. Now go for the fresh installation. Also like to suggest you to don’t apply the plug-in and the add-ons in your browser.