Thread: Unable to ping on Network from Windows xp

Unable to ping on Network from Windows xp

Actually I have issue with the windows xp on the network. On the workgroup I have 2 Pc in one of them windows xp and on the other one Windows 7 is installed. And in this I have fixed the IPs for these systems. And in this when I go along with windows 7 ping so in that I do notr have any kind of issue but when I try the same thing with the windows xp so at that time it shows not valid ip. And this remains there and I am not able to fix it. So what is the fix for this issue so that both windows xp and windows 7 can see each other on to the network? So please let me know if there is anything that can be done to fix this kind of issue.

Re: Unable to ping on Network from Windows xp

In order to fix this you have to make some changes in your firewall because like this type of issues happen sometimes because of this also. And after doing this you will be able to make connection in to two different PCs. Well really that is the easiest things that I guess you are lost. So please go for this and also inform me over here if you get any fix for your issue. Otherwise you can also fix this by doing one more thing in this you have to disable the current active Firewall which is recently working in your case. And after disabling this you just create one more and set the necessary changes in it. I am sure that this will help you.

Here I want to know that after creating connection in between these two PC have you created a new Home Group by making use of the windows xp then you are trying to access this using your Windows 7 PC there. And if you did like this then regarding this I wanna tell you that other PC that does not have Windows xp will not be able to access that work group there. Actually non Windows xp system unable to have an entry to this workgroup there. So if you can make Windows xp PC to join the same NETWORKGROOUP that you were having before and see if that can actually help in making the connection there. And please tell me about your progress after trying the solution which I have given over here.

I had similar issue and tried the suggestion which is given over here and regarding this I want to say that it really worked. I had seen that the user was making use of the Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall and was saying that I might be receiving the issue because of this only. In this case I was having Windows 7 and Windows XP. There is nothing that the Norton Firewall can block there. Si I just go into the Control Panel and then obtain an entry in the Network. After that you have to go there and create the modification in the Sharing. And you just configure the firewall so that you will be able to see the file sharing on the LAN.

Here what I have tried to fix my issue when I was going through the same issue and I am sure that you will also get fix after trying this solution.
    Go in the Network Sharing Center
    select Disconnect Homegroup
    Then select Connect to Network
    After in last you have to join the Active Domain
    This will surely fix your issue as it did in my case.

Thanks for making all the valuable suggestions in my case here; will let you know about the progress as soon as I give some of them the hit. The scenario was such that I was trying to make Windows XP PC connect to the new Workgroup created with the help of Windows 7 but well will see if the other way round really goes in my way here. Also I have a doubt if I was doing the things in this manner then why were Windows XP PC able to ping and see each other and yet Windows 7 PC were not able to do the things inspite of using the Workgroup made by Windows 7. Will like to have the Clarification on this. In addition to this I have McAfee Antivirus and Windows Firewall and nothing more than this. Will wait for the replies to this scenario.