Thread: Is this possible to run my own dedicated server

Is this possible to run my own dedicated server

I want get my personal dedicated server utilizing Pentium 4 1.7 CPU with 330 MB of ram, and 200 GB hard drive installed in windows XP home. Will I be able to install dedicated server account off this gear I possess? Anyone have any idea about this? I just newly know this and require some help about this. So please let me know earlier than I sprint into any troubles. Any help or any suggestion regarding this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Is this possible to run my own dedicated server

I suppose you could sprint a server on XP Home, but it is definitely not something I would perform for many causes. It bases what you wish to do with it and what type of connection you have. System specs truly don't substance as much as your Internet connection, operating system, and applications to give services you wish to present for example web serving, FTP, database oir SQL, and so on.

I think a 100 MB connection is somewhat much. With, in the clouds, that is sprinting at concerning 10 MB/s. That is as quick as lots of LANs sprint (I would slay for an Internet connection similar to that! It bases what you signify by "dedicated server". If you denote a server you run out of your home only for your personal exercise, then truly any Internet connection efforts, but the quicker the improved. Upload is additional essential than download speed. 256 Kbps upload is fine for the majority plain HTML pages, but you will wish added if you do stuff similar to graphics, Flash, downloads, and so forth. If you are discussion regarding a server which you allow other people utilize for their personal web space, then depending on how many people you give out, you may wish up to T1 comparable speeds. Although this is a bit you would vastly not wish to do with XP Home.

I have completed the cost analysis quite a lot of times (trust me; I have seemed for each reason to sprint things myself). In terms of wealth and the worth of your time, you just cannot contend with the value of webhosting. Even enthusiastic hosting is cheap (and I doubt you necessitate that). But it can be amusing to sprint your personal setup, so don't reduction that, just don't sprint the web server with Admin rights.

I also want to add something in this case. For individual exercise, running your personal server can be amusing and an education experience. Have your friends and family utilize your site. If it collides, no immense deal, for profitable or serious exercise, has the professionals host for you. I wish you like the information I provide or I participate in your query.