Thread: How to handle the virus

How to handle the virus

Hey guys I am not a computer freak, nor a techy lover. I only use my computer to make my college presentations and sometimes to prepare my assignments. I have an internet connection but I only use it to check my mails. I have a free trial version of Avira antivirus installed in my computer. Just two days back the antivirus alerted me that I have around nineteen virus in my computer. When I tried opening my Avira antivirus it freezed, and the computer just got hanged. I was scared so I just disconnected the internet and switched off my computer. I want to solve this problem as soon as possible because I have to submit my presentations. So I really need your help, Please.

Re: How to handle the virus

I will suggest you to upgrade your existing antivirus, or you can uninstall the antivirus and install a fresh new licensed version of some well known antivirus. Just using the trial version of any antivirus does not solve the problem. After you install a new antivirus run a Full computer scan. Viruses are harmful applications which tend to amplify their probability of scattering to other computers through the network by infecting files on the network or any other file system that is accessed by other PC. A virus might damage or delete any type of data on your PC, you can try using your e-mail program to spread itself to other computers, or even try erasing everything on your hard drive.

It is very simple. When you are online you must remember that you may be unprotected. Spyware and malware are applications that are used to track your internet behavior or can be engaged for more destructive activities like recording your actions such as keystrokes to get hold of your passwords or try pulling personal information from personal files. So what can you do is you can avoid these spyware. Install a powerful Anti-Spyware program so that it works well with your Windows XP, or Vista or even Windows 7 security. Avoid downloading any free software, movies, games or music without investigating the website’s privacy policy.

Computer viruses access into the computer through attachments in e-mail messages. So it is important to ignore e-mail attachments unless you know the sender. So that you have mentioned that you use the internet for checking mails, then this might be a reason. Firewalls and security products are absolutely necessary. You must have a habit of being active in protecting your machine and personal, or any confidential information. No antivirus or antimalware product can guarantee you of being hundred per cent effective.