Thread: Limited connectivity on NETGEAR WGR614 Router

Limited connectivity on NETGEAR WGR614 Router

I have an asus laptop in which I have Windows XP. The issue which I am getting with the NETGEAR WGR614 router is that I obtain limited connectivity to the network on my asus laptop. Because of which I am not capable to surf the Internet in any way. As a result if anyone else is getting the Limited connectivity on NETGEAR WGR614 router after that please share some information which may assist me in resolving the issue. So please suggest something

Re: Limited connectivity on NETGEAR WGR614 Router

I would advise you to test the link which is giving bandwidth to the wire modem. It is probable that the link is not capable to give the bandwidth which you have subscribed for as well as hence you are receiving limited connectivity problems. Get the link checkered by your ISP as well as tell them to correct the issue. Meanwhile you be able to too make sure the link by yourself by visiting the websites like Speedtest as well as Pingtest which give online tests which be able to be executed on the link. After executing tests the website will as well grade the link.

Many times it takes place that the modem which is connected to the NETGEAR WGR614 router is not capable to register the MAC address of the devices linked to it. If this occurs then the devices which are linked to the modem are not able to utilize the complete resources of the network. The indications of your issue are related to it. To resolve this issue you will have to start the modem again while the NETGEAR WGR614 router is plugged in.

Make sure if the NETGEAR WGR614 router is configured correctly or not. To make sure the configuration of the NETGEAR WGR614 router you will have to log in to the NETGEAR WGR614 router. To login to the router you will need its Default IP address which is able to be found out via referring user manual. Then you have to Type this default IP address in the address bar of the browser as well as after that press enter. Now the PC will inquire for the user name as well as password. Then you have to enter right detail as well as you will be redirected to the NETGEAR WGR614 router configuration page. Go to the configuration page as well as make sure every setting.

The entire the devices which are linked to the PC need drivers to be installed on the PC. If the drivers are not installed for a particular device after that that device may not effort correctly. Drivers take act as a mediator with the device as well as the operating system. As a result confirm if the drivers are installed as well as running correctly on the PC. To confirm if the drivers are installed as well as running correctly, you have to open device manager plus after that make sure the status of the network adapter. Then Try as well as update the drivers plus observe if it works.