Thread: Internet connection doesn't remains Connected

Internet connection doesn't remains Connected

There is problem with connection toward the internet. I am using windows 7 and i contain comcast internet modem. First I got problem with network adapter of internet so I have bought another one and installed it properly. However I installed along with first one remaining in motherboard. Now my internet connection doesn’t remains constant. It frequently goes off while browsing. Now the computer is showing as 2 connections. On as connection #1 and another as connection #2. It is seems to me that new adapter is connection #2. Now how can I disable the first one? Somehow the internet should be in the working conditions. What can I do for now?

Re: Internet connection doesn't remains Connected

The 2 connections which you are talking about is the Windows connections and it is just relate to the operating system. It has nothing to do with the adapter which you are talking about. However you can delete one connection which is not in use. Otherwise you can delete both connection and set up a new connection for your newly installed adapter. If you can find any option to make the one of working connection as default for your computer then do so. It is a best way to resolve your issue.

It seems to me that both adapters are live and working properly on your motherboard. However if you want to disable any one of 2 adapters there might be an option in Bios to disable the slot in which you have installed the network adapter. Otherwise just open the Device manager and scroll through the network adapter drivers. You may notice 2 there as you mentioned. Click on one which you want to put out of action and select the disable option. The adapter will no longer function at all unless you again enable it in the same manner.

I think that the best of option to put out of action one your network card or adapter is removing its driver. For this you can make use of the Device manager for this process. Otherwise you can directly disable it by right clicking the connection and select disable. The disabled connection will be appear as blurred icon (like a black and white icon). In that manner you will get know which one is active and which one is inactive.

I think that the best option to disable one of your network adapter is to make use of hardware firewall or software firewall. With this you can able to block the particular connection access from the internet. If you are using a wireless router then you will find an option to block the certain connection or IP address. By enabling this you will no longer able connect to the internet using that adapter. You can only use the other one. Sometime even an antivirus program also provides this feature. You just need to name which connection you don’t want.