Thread: Unable to access certain locations in the network places using wireless network

Unable to access certain locations in the network places using wireless network

I wanted to report this problem with you all. Well the problem is that i am unable to access certain locations in my network places directory. Actually i had my disk partitioned and i have noticed that some directories are inaccessible. Is it due to the partitioning of the harddisk? Well i have tried accessing the directory several times but i failed everytime. So that's why i thought it would be best to ask this from you all. Since you all must be having some knowledge regarding it. so do reply as early as possible. I am waiting for your responses.

re: Unable to access certain locations in the network places using wireless network

Well you have partitioned the hard disk but in real they are the real drives and I think you must set some permission in order to access that particular location. Well if one folder is one location and while the other is in different location then there are specific permissions which either allows you or does not to access the specific folder. So you need to have a look at the specific settings of the file, look if you have kept the settings on or not. If you have then do make some changes urgently and then see if it is working or not.

re: Unable to access certain locations in the network places using wireless network

I think so the problem can be easily solved. So the solution for you is to try using the sharing option of the files and the folder. So that it would be very easy to share the files and the folder in many locations. So do set the necessary permission parameters for the different files and the folders. You can also try using the virtual machine for the system. In the virtual environment of the operating system you will get the exact idea of the problem. Do try with the necessary suggestion it will definitely help you. Do let me know if it works or not. I think you must surely be able to solve it.

Hey thanks for the appropriate suggestions that you have given. well what i wanted to say is that i am still stuck with the problem. i am unable to get any specific solution for it. Still i am not able to access the specific fil locations and the folder. I think you all have given the advise to change the permission settings for the file in order to access the locations. I don't have any idea how to change the permission for the files. so it would be better if you could specify more information on how to change the specific permission for the files. So do suggest me something.

Re: Unable to access certain locations in the network places using wireless network

Well it is very easy to set the permissions for any files and the folders. What you have to do is go to the file and right click on it and select the properties. In the properties you will get many options, like setting the file sharing options, size of the file and many others. You must have to go to the security tab and set the necessary permission that you want for the file. If you work on your files and the folders and do some research on it, then you will easily get the required steps. I hope you are clear with all the necessary suggestions.