Thread: Need to Disable guest account on Linksys E1000 router

Need to Disable guest account on Linksys E1000 router

I have bought Linksys E1000 N router and whilst powering it up, I observed that it has a "feature" that automatically configure an unsecured guest account with the password. I don’t want that people someone to observe my SSID permit unaided an unsecure connection. I have used the disc to configure and actually there is a function on there that will permit you put out of action it, on the other hand, while I finished modifications to the router's defaulting set ups the Linksys app from the disc doesn’t permit me to right to use those features. Now I want to know is there any way to get rid of that guest account?

Re: Need to Disable guest account on Linksys E1000 router

On one occasion I was very happy that the Cisco Connect software has automatically disabled Guest Access. Following this, I restored a saved configuration by way of my mac filtering as well as port forwarding. Still past this, Guest access is viewed out and permits connections (although there is no accurate internet connection). SSID has been disabled in addition. IMO there ought to be squeezes in advanced settings on the way to put out of action Guest access, and so on. Overall it seems to like a bug which is causing your problem.

First of all you need to move toward the program directory in favor of Cisco Connect, and then go toward the settings folder. There you will find a file named "settings.xml". I am also using Windows 7 64 bit, however the file is located in my computer is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Settings. You need to alter the file and right the administrator password to no matter what you altered it on the way to, and afterward you must be capable to make use of the Cisco Connect and the Web interface over again.

On the Web base Tool you will not able to discover a preference of Guest Account as well as Parental Control. That attribute is barely obtainable by the use of the Cisco Connect Software. At a time you release the Cisco Connect software lying on your PC, underneath the Guest Account you necessitate to clack on top of Change option and afterward it will generate a Guest Account as well as the Password. By the use of guest account password you will be able connect the wireless network. If you can’t able to access this feature then you will need to contact the Cisco.

This is some kind of conspicuous issue with each and every one of the innovative routers. Some of these cannot able to set up guest SSID from the web supervision page which appears to be pretty dumb. I recognize the spot of the Cisco Connect application and it actually does formulate obsessions straightforward for your standard however I be unsuccessful to comprehend why the similar trait set is not accessible despite of access manner.