Thread: Netgear wifi router not detect my second laptop

Netgear wifi router not detect my second laptop

I am having two laptops one is Dell inspiron and the other one is Compaq Presario notebook. Both of them are running with windows 7 OS. Both are compatible with wireless network connectivity, to connect then into the network I am using D-Link wifi router. Now the problem is the Compaq Presario notebook is not detecting by the router. After turn on the wireless wizard when I tried to search and connect the machine with network, it directs that there is no wireless network. But this problem is not happening with another machine. Though is is responding correctly, then why other one is not detecting. Any idea on this problem? How to resolve this issue? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Netgear wifi router not detect my second laptop

According to me, I think the driver in your second machine is not properly installed, for that I recommend you to reload the driver, insert driver installation disk and ping to the device manager from there open network tab and right click on the driver name, select update, choose advanced recommended option, it will direct you to locate the installation program from any location. Browser and run the installation process. Follow the installation instruction, and reboot your system after completion of the process. Go through this, I hope by this you will surely be able t o overcome from the problem.

Did you check the network adapter in your machine; I think the problem should be there. Because I was also facing similar issue, after that I applied many techniques to resolve this, but nothing helped me, after that one of my friends suggests me to check the adapter status. So I recommend you to check the adapter status from the device manager if you found any problem there then release the adapter from the machine and reinsert this, though is most case sensitive and also risk, so be careful while you are performing this technique. I hopes this will surely help you to overcame from the problem.

In the machine by which you are facing the problem is the wireless wizard is working correctly or not? First of all be sure about this. Because in my brothers laptop same thing was happened, and after a deep search on this he found that the firmware program is crashed, for this he simply reload the firmware program. so I also suggest you to enter into program and features folder under control panel, and from the drop down list select and remove the existing program, along with this also remove the other driver files which are collaborating with the windows platform, and remove them. Reboot your machine and go for a fresh installation. Try with this, it might be help you if there is any issue with the wireless firmware program.

You can also try another way to get relief from this problem, for that you need to update the driver software version. I was also facing similar issue in my Dell inspiron laptop in just 4months ago. Then I also searched everywhere for the solution also applied many of them, but nothing is worked in there. After that one of my friend suggest me to do one process, which might be help me, after applied many tricks I tried with this, and that is the software update. So I suggest you to also go through this process, ping to device manager and from the open network tab, now right click on the driver name and choose update option, it will gather the update information of the driver software which you are using, and will direct you to download and install it. Click on update option, and this will automatically download and then install the software version into your system. Go through this, I hope it will surely help you.