Thread: Unable to get a WPA connection in Asus F3i

Unable to get a WPA connection in Asus F3i

Well the title suggests you everything. I am unable to get a WPA connection in my Asus F3i laptop. Well the issue here is that my laptop is just a few years old and i am unable to get a wpa connection. I know its been only a short while since the wpa connection ws introduced in the market for the xp users but i think my laptop should support it. Although one thing that i want to specify here is that i get the wep connection but i am not at all satisfied with such connection. Since it has a unique password code which is very difficult to remember every time in order to operate it. So what are your takes on this? Can you find some appropriate solution here? Do let me know.

re: Unable to get a WPA connection in Asus F3i

According to me you must have a latest driver for the wireless card that you are using for the laptop. Well if you are using the attached wireless card then you ca get it from the Asus website otherwise if it is external then you can get it from the other websites as well. Upon that you will also have to make sure that the firmware that you are using for the router is updated. If it is not then do get it updated as early as possible. This are the basic steps that you must try in order to get the appropriate solution. So do try with this simple steps. In case if you are not getting it then i will suggest you some other steps.

Well thanks for the appropriate solution. I did follow your advise and it really worked for me. I did get a driver for the wireless router and also upgraded the firmware that i ma using for the router and you will not believe it now i am getting the wpa connection. Now when i am browsing the pages the speed is quite good up to sometime and after that i have noticed a dip in the speed of the internet. I found that there is a huge decrease in the browsing speed, whenever i switch to different pages it takes a lot of time to load the page. So it takes a lot of time to open. Now what can be the reason behind it. Do suggest some steps to help me out of this issue as well. Your help would be highly appreciated.

It was nice to hear that my solution did work well in your case. So i am very happy about it. Well coming back to your problem that you are facing with the internet connection. Well let me inform you that this department is totally different and the cause of this problem is also different. The suggestions that i can give you is that try switching off the router and start it again, after that do have a talk with the service providers that are giving you the internet connection. Probably they will be able to help you get out of this mess. Since the slow browsing speed happens during the peak hours when there is a good traffic capacity. So i think having a talk with the particular service provider people and making some changes in the router will definitely help you. Do work on it and let me know if it was successful.