Thread: Thomson Speedtouch Modem gets disconnected often and slows down while browsing

Thomson Speedtouch Modem gets disconnected often and slows down while browsing

I work in a firm where we have to work continuously on the internet. My firm has around 15 computers which remain online every time. Recently I have and many of my colleagues have started facing problems such as slow downloading and also the slow browsing. I had a talk with the service providers regarding this issue and hey have said that it is not their fault, their line is working perfectly well. So they put the blame on us for not maintaining the router properly. Well I had also tried the speed test check for my system and I have observed that the speed is perfectly fine. We connect 15 computers to a router and earlier also I had connected in the same fashion. At that time It did not gave any problem. I do now want to spend any money on the technicians for this particular problem. So that’s why I am seeking help here. So anyone of you who have got the appropriate solution for this specific problem then do let me know as early as possible.

re: Thomson Speedtouch Modem gets disconnected often and slows down while browsing

Well I would advise you to check the switch or the router that you are using in the firm. there can be a case where the load for the particular switch is getting very high and that’s why you must be unable to get that proper connection during the peak hours. Well the traffic can also be an issue in the slow browsing speed. Sometimes the traffic loading the network can lead to such problem. So my advise would be to switch off the router/switch for sometime. Again switch one and see if there are any problems for it. If you start facing the problems again. Then the problem would be with the service providers ask them to and have a check with the routers itself.

re: Thomson Speedtouch Modem gets disconnected often and slows down while browsing

Well i would advise you to open the case in which you have lkept the router or the switch and check for the dust particles In the case. There can be a possibility where the case that you have is kept uncleaned for a longer time and so the dust particles that are generated in the case causes such type of problems. So it is always advisable to have a check at that particular cases and check whether all the parts of the cases are well maintained. Do have a check with the fan in the case as well. Since the fan is very necessary to keep the system cooled down. So first do have a look at them and then try switching off the modem for some time and then start again. Do the necessary changes it will definitely help you.

I think so you must consider the option of replacing the modem that you are using for the group computers. Sometimes the modems are to be blamed for not taking the actual capacity that it can take. So do think of replacing the router that you are using. the same was the same case with one of my friends and even he had the same problem. So what he did was he got his modem replaced. His modem was getting rebooted on its own. So first do try with the methods that are suggested above. If you don’t get any appropriate solution here then the only advise wold be to have a modem replaced. So I hope you have got the appropriate solution.

Re: Thomson Speedtouch Modem gets disconnected often and slows down while browsing

Hey thanks for all the necessary suggestions tat you have given. Well you have predicted it right, sometimes the cases that we make for the router are left unnoticed and that’s why it can also be a factor for the degradation in the performance. Well I opened the case there were lots of dust and I found that the fan was not functioning at all. So I think that all contributed to the worst performance of the router. So thanks for the appropriate solutions that you have given. Well let me tell you that I did a reboot of the modem and after that we tested the performance of the router for sometime with the minimum load and the performance was far by good. We will try testing it with the maximum load and I will inform you about the performance.