Thread: Compaq Presario cq60: LAN card not working properly

Compaq Presario cq60: LAN card not working properly

From last two years I am suing a Compaq Presario cq60 laptop, this is running with windows XP pro, the machine is specified with AMD Sempron processor, along with this other specifications are like 3GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, and with the NVIDIA GEforce graphical interface. I am using LAN connection at my home to connect the machine with my building broadband network connection. But from yesterday, the network connection is not working properly; I am not able to get desire speed along with this also when I tried to connect the machine takes a lot time to make the connection. I think the problem is with the LAN card, m I right or there is something else. What should I do? Any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

Re: Compaq Presario cq60: LAN card not working properly

According to me, I think the problem is should not be in the LAN card, it must be in the network router driver, and the firmware is may be out dated or not responding properly for any other issue. So for this type of problem I would like to recommend you to reload the driver, insert driver installation disk and proceed to the device manager, from ether open network tab and open it, right click on the driver name and select update option, choose advanced option, now from the disk browse and select the installation program, reload it with the existing corrupted one and reboot the machines. Try this.

I think the problem might be occurring for other software programs those are installed in your machine, for this I suggest you to enter into program and features under control panel and from the drop down list select those programs which are not from the trusted or any visual effect is also applied there also remove that one. Now also from the temporary folder and from the registry editor delete the windows version containing files if the programs. Now go to the device manager and from the network tab, check whether the LAN card is working fine or not. I had similar issue, after that I was also think that one, but after checking I found that this for other software programs. And I also removed them and by this the problem is solved, I hope it will also help you.

LAN card might not be the issue, for that I recommend you to reinsert the network card after remove it from the machine hardware. If this happening same thing, then there is only one solution for this, simply replace that one with a new one. But as per my knowledge there should be any trouble in the network connectivity. Be sure that the connection is properly configured, for that proceed into the network and sharing from control panel, and click on the network which you are using. Reset all the settings, and remember that, during this make sure that the router is not connected with the machine. If this still occurring similar issue, then without go for any truck I suggest you to contact with the manufacturer service engineer and also with the internet service provider.