Thread: windows vista: not able to identify any wireless network

windows vista: not able to identify any wireless network

I am using a Dell inspiron laptop. This is running with windows vista home premium OS, my laptop is compatible with wireless network. Along with this I am using Broadcom wireless router, which was running fine till the last few days, built suddenly from last two days, it is creating a problem, the router is not detect any wireless network(my default wifi network), to which I basically used to connect my laptop, in the last night when I tried to connect with the default gateway, after click on search option, it directly flashes with a message, it looks like “unidentified network”. I can’t understand what should I do now, is there anyone having any suggestion or information regarding this problem? any input will be helpful for me greatly….

Re: windows vista: not able to identify any wireless network

I would like to suggest you to check the network adapter status of your machine from device manager, for that enter into device manager and from ether look for the status of network router adapter, otherwise there is another way to get the status of that, for that click on start menu then enter into control Panel from settings, now proceed to system and security, then go to device manager and open the network tab, under that you will be see the network adapter which is attached in your machine now, click on the properties of the adapter and check the status. Go through this, it will somehow help you to detect the cause and by this you will be able to resolve the issue.

According to me, I think the problem is for the wifi router which is attached with your system. For that I suggest you reload the driver, insert driver installation disk and proceed to device manager from there open network tab and right click on it, now choose advanced recommended option, it will directs you to locate the driver installation program from any location of you machine or from the other place. Browse and run the installation process, after complete the fresh installation of the driver, it may be required for reboot your system, reboot and now connect with router and reconfigure your machine with the wireless network that you are using.

As per my knowledge the problem that you are mentioned might be occurring for the wireless network authentication, may be the network connectivity is not [properly configured. For that I recommend you to reconfigure the connection. Open network and sharing option tab from control panel, select and open the network which you are suing currently. It will open the network authentication properties, and check whether the options are properly configured or not. I suggest you to reinsert the network authentication option into its appropriate place and reboot the machine along with this also the router. Go through this, I hope it will help you to overcome from the problem.

I also think that the problem is also occurring for the network router, might be the router version is out dated, where as I was also facing similar issue and the cause of this problem I found when I was did a research on this problem. So if this problem is occurred with your network router driver, then I recommend you to update the driver software, for that right click on driver name from device manager and then select update option, then choose online option, after click on that it will collect the information regarding the update version and will shown to your screen. You need to download and install that updated driver software your machine. Go through this, I hope it will, surely help you.