Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011

Cannot clean Win32/Routmo.N Trojan

I have installed ESET smart security in my computer. It is very good antivirus to use but there is one problem with it that I am not able to resolve. The problem is that whenever I start the computer then after about one minute, it shows me the alert message that says a variant of Win32/Routmo.N Trojan is detected form you computer and that is not able to clean. It can clean all the viruses from my computer then why there is only problem with this one. Other than this, there is no problem. It just comes at the start of the system. Can you tell me that what should I do to resolve this issue? Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.
Old 02-02-2011

Re: Cannot clean Win32/Routmo.N Trojan

I think that the database definition for the security software that you are using is not up to date and that is the reason that you are getting the alert messages like this and it is not able to delete that thread. So if that is the case then what you can do is, update the antivirus and after the successful update scan the whole system again. Clean the entire infected file. Once you are done with this then you can restart your computer and see if the issue is happening again or not. I don?t think that this will be seen again.
Old 02-02-2011

If that is not able to detect and clean the virus in normal Windows mode then you can try to scan the system in safe mode and remove that thread from your computer. To start the computer in safe mode, you have to press the restart button and while it is restarting the computer then keep on pressing the F8 key from your keyboard. This will show you the screen from where you will be able to select safe mode. Choose safe mode with the help of arrow button from the keyboard and press enter. This will start the system in safe mode. Now scan and clean the system. After that, start the computer in normal mode and see if the issue is gone or not.
Old 02-02-2011

If the current security software is not able to solve the problem for you then you can try to make use of some other antivirus and see if that is able to take out that thread from your computer. There are many available on internet and you can download any of them of your choice and install that your computer. See if that is able to solve the problem. Before doing this you should make sure that you have uninstalled the previously installed software from your computer. If you install more than one security software in your computer at the same time then they may conflict the processing of each other and may result to hang your system.
Old 02-02-2011

I think that some of the application or program that is running in your computer is using the file that is affected by this and that is the reason that you are not able to clean that file. To make sure this, you will have to open the task manager and select the process tab. This will list all the running process in your system. If you find that there is any process that is running without any reason then you can end that process and then try to clean that file. This time, that file can be cleaned.
Old 02-02-2011

You are infected by means of a Trojan downloader, this repeatedly unloaded its load to contaminate your computer system. ESET trapped it every time simply for it to return. Malwarebytes has unsoiled the major infection so you must be ok now. This kind of infection is identical by means of data collection, passwords banking particulars etc. If you have utilized this computer intended for some financial dealings I would notify those institutions of probable theft. Modify every password and all from a good clean system in anticipation that you are certain that this one is protected. Open Malwarebytes again and perform a FULL scan to your computer.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,