Thread: Cannot connect BluRay player to internet

Cannot connect BluRay player to internet

We have newly bought a BluRay player to stream Netflix toward the television. It immediately picked up the wireless connection and we have played quite a few movies. Today, it is not playing something for the reason that it "requests an internet connection". When we continue to establish the connection once again then it illustrates that the network through a checkmark subsequent to it and the entire five bars lit up that means, it is linked just very well. I am in no doubt that the internet is okay since the computer as well as iPod are navigating internet without any issues. Can anyone give any suggestion regarding this? Thank you.

Re: Cannot connect BluRay player to internet

This seems like that the problem is with the DVD player that you are using. Is it very old DVD? The first thing that you need to check is the warranty for this. If that is still under warranty then you can simply do to the dealer from where you bought it and ask them about the problem. I am sure that they will help you. As it is under warranty then if they are not able to resolve the issue then they will replace it with another one. I hope that it will be resolved soon.

I think that you need to reconfigure both the router as well as the player. This is one of the possible ways that may get you out of the issue. Along with this you can also try by disconnecting and connection the network once again. So router can be the problem for that. Check for the settings for your router and if you get any setting that can cause such kind of problem then you can change that setting accordingly. I have seen many of the cases like this where the reason for this comes out in the form of badly configured router.

Many of the times things are getting locked and a reset otherwise the power cycle will help you to get out of the issue. There is possibility that you need to do it once again if the issue is not resolved. You should also check that what sort of frequency that you require to perform the power cycle. This is just the suggestion to you from my side and I wish that it help you in any manner to get out of the issue. Please post back if the issue is resolved by any of the way.

If you are using the wireless connection then you will require two things: First is wireless (WiFi) router that broadcasts the Internet connection wirelessly right through your house and the second thing is a device which makes the WiFi signal reverse into the Ethernet-reachable connection. This device is most usually known as an Ethernet bridge but is as well recognized as the gaming adapter, access point, AP client, otherwise media converter. The bridge then attach to Blu-ray player by means of the Ethernet cable. Ethernet bridges generally charge between $50 to $120.

You can also make use of Powerline Ethernet adapters. This will help you to turn the home’s electrical outlets as well as wiring in the home network. You’ll need two adapters to begin; the primary adapter is associated to the router otherwise modem. A second plugs hooked on a wall socket close to the Blu-ray player. The Internet connection runs throughout the electric wiring within your home and power line adapters give out the same as Ethernet ports to admittance it. Please make a note that you cannot plug a powerline adapter addicted to a surge protector. So it will require its own wall channel. You can as well purchase following adapters used for other rooms within your house to allocate the connection.