Thread: Rootkit and uploading files

Rootkit and uploading files

I was in the process of removing the something that I have got from an Avast download. I found that there is something on my system that is doing massive upload. I run the Avast scan and it find almost 20 infections so I thought that now it is removed. I have used a lot of applications as well as downloaded a number of tools for assurance that the system was spotless. And when I run comodo I notice that a large number of uploading (I will say that large amount of files in cache memory). Then I find that printer stop working it will work under administrator privilege. Could you assist me resolve this? Thank you in advance. I am running windows xp service pack 3.

Re: Rootkit and uploading files

I will recommend you to run ESET scan to see whether any virus or malware are causing this issue. Download Esetsmartinstaller.exe file and save it on your desktop. Double click on the icon and Click yes I accept the terms and services. Accept any security warning from your browser and click on scan archieves(note this wil require admin rights). ESET will after that download updates for it, install as well as start scanning your PC. Please be patient this may take some time to completely scan your system.

I am making use of Malwarebytes to remove any virus or malware and I think you are having this issue because of any hidden virus present on your system. To remove this virus I will recommend you to download Malwarebytes and before installing on your system uninstall if you have already installed any other security software. While installing Malwarebytes make sure that you have place a tick for updates. If any update is found it will automatically updates. Once Malwarebytes is installed on your system, perform a complete scan. Be patient as this may take some time to completely scan your system. I hope that this will get rid to you from your annoying issue.

If you are making use of Spybots Teatimer I will recommend you to turn it off since it will certainly obstruct with any tools you will attempt to run:

1) For this first of all open Spybot-S&D
    2) Now go to the Mode menu, furthermore ensure "Advanced Mode" is chosen
    3) Select Tools -> Resident on the left hand side
    4) Now remove the tick mark from "Resident TeaTimer" furthermore press OK
    5) Now Reboot your system.