Thread: Winlogon.exe infected by Win32:Malware-gen

Winlogon.exe infected by Win32:Malware-gen

My computer is running Windows XP Pro Service Pack. I have installed the Avast 5 antivirus in my system that is up to date and also I have Malwarebytes' anti-malware installed in the system. Avast is giving me the warning that it is blocking the win32:malware-gen that is in c:\windows\systems32\winlogon.exe and win32: Patched-UE that is there in the c:\windows\explorer.exe. I am not able to quarantine, repair or delete these files. I am not able to understand that and how can I solve the issue. Please help me.

Re: Winlogon.exe infected by Win32:Malware-gen

If your system was working well previously then the most excellent thing that you can attempt to perform is the system restore to the computer. This is the finest method by which you can get the system back to the normal situation. It is a function by windows that is accessible in system tools and if you desire to make use of that then go to the system tools and open this utility. This will request you for the date at which you desire to restore the system. Now you should choose the date when it was working Ok. Choose restore and this will get the system reverse to that point of time and you will obtain the system well again.

You should scan the entire system in the safe mode and see if that is able to detect and remove the threads or infected files. To perform that press the restart button and right away after that, continue on pressing F8 button as of your keyboard. This will demonstrate you the start choice. You have to choose safe mode from there and push enter. This will begin the computer within safe mode. Now scan the whole system with the antivirus and fresh the system. Subsequent to doing that, you can attempt to begin the computer in standard mode and observe if that be able to resolve the problem for you.

I believe that some of the files on or after your system is corrupted and that is the cause that Windows is showing you the messages similar to this on startup. My proposal to you is to perform the repair for the system and observe if that is equipped to resolve the difficulty. If you desire to perform that then get the bootable OS CD and boot system by means of the CD. Allow it to load the entire files intended for the installation. When it prompts you for the kind of installation then you should choose repair. Typically you be required to press “R” to perform that. This will restore the entire the corrupted as well as missing files as of your computer and the computer may move toward the normal state again.

Repairing the system might be superior choice for you but I have observed many of the time that repairing system does not get the system to the standard state. So if that is as well not working in support of you then you be able to do the total installation of operating system. Format the C drive totally and set up the operating system once more. This time you be supposed to format by means of a fresh copy of setup for the reason that if problem is through the setup file then this will maintain you away from the difficulty because of that.