Thread: My Windows 7 has lots of Trojan infections

My Windows 7 has lots of Trojan infections

I am fed up with those virus warning that pops on my screen every time. I have a Windows 7 system. Just last week I had installed Windows. I had formatted my system due to virus issue. The virus entered my system with a usb. I failed to check that. But now again there are many virus. My system is working too slow. A online scanner told that there are more than 60 infections in my system. I want some help to get rid of this things. What is the other way by which this things enters the system. My system is low on ram due to which I am not going for a antivirus solution as it slows down my system.

Re: My Windows 7 has lots of Trojan infections

It is command that much of computer viruses and other malicious software are spread through files attached to messages sent in a e-mail. If an attachment to an e-mail contains a virus, it usually start when the user opens the file. The common way of double clicking the attachment icon. Regardless of the email program you are using or simply what version of Windows you are using right now. It is possible to avoid some viruses by following certain rules. If you use the latest versions of Outlook or Outlook Express and Windows, you can take advantage of some improvements and default settings that will keep way the virus from your system. Most of the time the users are infected with virus accidentally.

That is quiet right most of the time we are infected without our knowledge. Recently I downloaded an online photo upload tool. It has asked for a toolbar update and after setup I faced virus warning in my system. That was mostly a malware. Here are some tips I found to avoid such infection via download or mail. It is recommended that you must not open or download any message which you do know who had send. Like a anonymous message. This are virus programs that are hidden in the attachment. Second if you receive a attachement from an unknown email id remove it. Use antivirus software to keep your system secure. Always try to us spam filters.

It is right that today on web nobody is safe from virus. There are small storage units like media, images that often act as carriers for viruses, trojans and worms. This are are copied from various computers and a user without awareness run them. If you connect a USB memory stick which was used in infected system then automatically run the virus enters your system via Windows Autorun. One way to prevent the spread would be disabling this feature. This is the first thing I will recommend you to do. But this is just not enough. I am using iKill tool. This tool scan any executable autorun.inf file. You can delete suspicious files automatically with this.

Never accept a file by msn or mail a picture or anything like that. Do not forget to look HLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ RunServices and other Run - keys on the register for suspicious programs starting at boot. If you suspect that your machine is running the trojan server then use the netstat -a command to look at the list of open ports on your machine. Look for the suspicious port and block the usage. The best way is to use a internet security software. This tool scans everything on yoru system. When you send mails it even scan your files before sending the mail. On the same hand it scans for every incoming mail also. There are ample of security tools that can help you to deal with this.

I scan my system in safe mode whenever I think the system has a virus. This is why because in safe mode you have the least service running. So if there is a virus then the antivirus founds that easily and wipe it out. I use Norton Internet Security. This is a nice antivirus program which checks for online threats. A regular updates is also necessary. There are not only trojans that infect your system but many other threats like a spyware, malware, etc. You have to keep a track on application, services, downloads, etc on your system.